Requisition ID: req46870
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Sector: Monitoring & Evaluation
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Hagadera, Kenya
The International Rescue Committee(IRC) responds to the worlds worst humanitarian crises and helps people tosurvive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of AlbertEinstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance torefugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millionswho are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm tohome.
Reporting to and technicallysupported by the Senior M&E Officer, the MEAL Officer works in closecollaboration with program teams to optimize monitoring, evaluation,accountability and learning capacities and opportunities of the IRC mission inHagadera Kenya to ensure high-quality programming for the clients we serve andsupport the global ambitions of IRC Strategy 100, and the Country StrategicAction Plan. The MEAL Officer shall be responsible for the overall collection,summarizing, compiling and dissemination, storing and timely reporting of allforms of data generated from the activities of the Health, Nutrition,Protection, RH/HIV and WPE programs into strategic program information/reportswith a key focus on generation and submission of timely and qualitative andquantitative reports to the Program Management Team, donors and relevantcollaborators. They shall be expected to keep hospital records andstationery.
Leadership and Partnership
- Support all technical aspects andactions of MEAL regarding the Hagadera refugee context; respond to programneeds; cultivate high standards and practices for quality data collection,analysis, and reports. Enable accountability to clients, partners, and donors.
- Implement and support MEAL systemand approaches in your areas of expertise and foster learning.
- Represent IRC at technicalmeetings, forums, and other events & build partnerships within IRC and areaof expertise.
- Champion access and use of datafor shared learning, sound decision-making, and data-informed programmaticadaptations.
- Run the MEAL system and processesfor IRC Hagadera refugee camp in harmony with the MEAL Country and GlobalStrategies throughout the project cycle which include:
- Collaborate with MEAL and non-MEALstaff to ensure that data is collected, compiled, checked for its quality andcompleteness in compliance with IRC and donors standards for data quality;
- Document and share learning,evidence, and data from previous projects to inform project proposal design;
Implement M&E/MEAL plans,revise (digital) data collection tools, follow-up on processes for online datamanagement, quality checks, and audits, and updating of data visualization;
- Undertake regular analysis ofmonitoring data and work closely with program officers and managers tofacilitate decision-making for real-time program adaptation;
- Produce quality reports andupdating dashboards with key findings that further learning and decision-makingand share in project cycle management meetings and team meetings;
- Identify, document, and shareclient feedback to improve services and results for our clients.
- Support deployment of surveys suchas baseline and end line, and the commission of evaluations in coordinationwith colleagues and partners.
- Support the use of standard mobiledata technology and online dashboard to enhance timeliness and quality of datacollection, analysis and visualization.
- Join and contribute to IRCseffort in meeting its internal and external accountability commitments throughthe implementation of sound accountability, client feedback, and responsemechanisms.
- Coordinate, lead, mentor MEALAssistant(s); foster timely and high-quality achievement, and an inclusive andrespectful team climate.
- Promote the growth and developmentof others in IRC teams and partners: present high-quality technical trainingand learning material for partners, colleagues, and junior staff.
- Participate in the recruitment andon boarding of MEAL Assistant, field incentive workers and enumerators.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports directly to: SeniorM&E Officer.
Position directly supervises: MEALAssistants.
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Program Managersand Officers, ICT Officer, Partnerships Manager, HR, Field Coordinator.Qualifications
External: Beneficiaries,program partner organizations, local and national government.
- Bachelor of Science degree inHealth Information management or equivalent technical degree.
- A minimum 3 years of workingexperience in a related field.
- Possess basic technical knowledgeof M&E approaches and techniques in some or all of the following areas:Outputs, Outcome monitoring; Theories of Change, Logical frameworks, Datacollection, Basic data analysis, Accountability, Client feedback mechanisms.
- Experience in conducting primaryquantitative data collection and data entry.
- Basic proficiency and experiencewith mobile data collection such as Kobo, CommCare, ODK Collect is required,knowledge of Tableau or PowerBi software tools are additional assets.
- Good computer skills in MS Office,especially Excel; and Word with experience in writing reports.
- Self-motivated and pro-activedemeanor with good organization, planning, and analytic skills, includingprioritizing work, multi-tasking and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and ability to workunder pressure and in constantly evolving work environments.
- Demonstrated analytical,systematic-thinking, and problem-solving skills are definite assets.
- A strong understanding ofaccountability and proven ability to build Client Feedback Systems.
- Fluency in English Language.
Standards of ProfessionalConduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principlesoutlined in the IRC Way Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability.In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies onBeneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding,Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, CombatingTrafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC iscommitted to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offerbenefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in ourworkforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols andother supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouragedto apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salaryand employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal OpportunityEmployer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard torace, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, maritalstatus, veteran status or disability.
Please take note thatInternational Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connectionwith its recruitment processes.