With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
To provide an overall leadership, supervision and quality assurance for BHA funded Integrated Multi-Sector Response for Conflict-Affected Vulnerable Communities in Tigray. The manager is further expected to initiate, lead, control and report all project activities. The core purpose is therefore to ensure the implementation of all project activities in accordance with sector design, planned activities and budget ensuring the projects alignment with WV policies, country and donor contexts.
- Oversee, ensure and coordinator the execution of the entire project in accordance with BHA project proposal document, WVE policies, donor guidelines and government regulations.
- Ensure the proper physical & financial implementation of the project as planned during the desired timeframe, while ensuring efficient and effective utilization of project resources
- Oversee and supervise the project implementation of in operational areas, including thematic leading NGOs; proactively request partners feedback on the progress of the project, challenges and concerns encountered and take appropriate actions, ensuring a capacity building and coaching approach.
- Ensure an intentional networking with field coordination, Emergency Operation Center, Woreda, Zonal and regional government offices/institutions, non-governmental actors and other stakeholders
- Ensure the compilation and submission of consolidated financial and narrative reports to the donor alignment to the Contract and the MoU
- Ensure active donor engagement as required during donor monitoring visits and delegation meetings
- Oversee and ensure the development and execution of a result oriented participatory M&E and knowledge management system, to enhance accountability and impact demonstration
- Submit operation plans and regular progress reports to respective government offices on time
- Provide internal situation updates and progress reports, actively engage in EOC receive enquiries and give response in consultation with Tigray, Afar & Amhara Response team
- In consultation with WVE Tigray Response team and partners, ensure the preparation of detail implementation plans (DIP) and budget breakdowns including cash flow for the project based on the project design.
Educational background and work experience.
- BA/BSc Degree in Agriculture, agricultural economics, Economics, Development studies, WASH related or other related fields.
- Experience: 6-8 yrs/3 yrs in Management level
- Program management skill, Participatory M&E, Results-Based management, Logical Framework Analysis, community participation, Participatory Rural Appraisal, Participatory Learning & Action
- Experience in USAID/BHA funded projects is an advantage
- NGO experience is preferred.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only