Who are we?
DRCs The Global Protection Unit (GPU) supports country and regional strategic, policy and operational protection programming including strategic protection programme development, quality assurance, learning and capacity building, policy development and advocacy, and evidence and learning. The GPU sits within DRCs Strategy, Programme, and Learning Department, responsible for leading DRCs programme and policy development.
The Data Entry and Exploration Platform (DEEP) was initially established in 2016 and developed to strengthen collective sense-making and analysis. It is an online collaborative platform for humanitarian analysis which meets the need for common means to compile, store, structure and share qualitative data and information.
The DEEP is governed by a multi-stakeholder consortium that constitutes a cross-section of humanitarian actors, including international NGOs, UN agencies and the International Red Cross and Red CrescentMovement(RCRC Movement). The technical platform is developed and maintained by Data Friendly Space (DFS).
The DEEP secretariat is hosted by DRC and consists of a Project Manager, Senior Analysis Expert/lead of JAWS, and a Project Grants and Finance Officer
DEEP is being adopted by an increasing number of humanitarian and development organizations seeking to achieve a more robust, collaborative and transparent approach to needs assessments and analysis.
The DEEP Project Manager will manage the DEEP secretariat on behalf of the Danish Refugee Council that is the administrative host for the DEEP project.
About the job
The DEEP Project Manager main role and responsibility is to support the strategic development and rollout of DEEP, promote and ensure community engagement, and manage DEEP projects and grants.
The DEEP Project Manager will be based in DRCs HQ in Copenhagen, Denmark. The DEEP Project Manager will report to the DEEP Governance Board on technical issues and to DRCs Head of Protection Unit for management issues. The DEEP Project Manager will be assisted by a part time Grants and Finance Officer based in DRCs HQ in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The Senior Technical Analysis Expert main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Act as project manager and grant holder for DEEP, which includes ensuring programmatic and financial obligations are adhered to and achieved in accordance with projects undertaken by DRC on behalf of the DEEP Governance Board.
- Coordinate and ensure monitoring and evaluation of DEEP activities;
- Draft and submit donor narrative reports, and Ensure financial reporting in collaboration with DRCs Grants and Finance Officer and meet other donor communication requirements;
- Provide technical management to the DEEP Secretariat positions (Grant and Finance Officer and JAWS Analysis Expert Lead) while the line management is the responsibility of the Head of the Protection Unit.
- Serve as secretariat to the DEEP Governance Board with following duties on behalf of and in collaboration with the Board:
- Organize and convene DEEP Governance Board meetings and ensure engagement of DEEP stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain a DEEP strategy, including a resource mobilization plan; develop and maintain partnerships and collaboration with relevant organizations and institutions;
- Lead DEEP participation in relevant conferences and external events; identify, validate and prioritize use cases of relevance; and oversee and support communication of DEEP including social media, the DEEP website and information material.
- Maintain the DEEP technical roadmap and development of the platform; providing support and oversight to the technical implementing partner.
- Explore opportunities for direct engagement and use of DEEP within DRC.
- Lead donor relations and fundraising efforts, in close collaboration with the DEEP Governance Board.
To be successful in this role we expect you to be able to navigate the complex humanitarian data eco-system, facilitate and coordinate discussions with external relevant stakeholders, develop strategies for continued rollout of DEEP, promote and ensure community engagement, and manage DEEP projects and grants.
Requirements for the position:
- At least eight years of field and HQ humanitarian experience with at least three years as an Information Manager or IM related fields (needs assessments and analysis) in field location;
- Demonstrated experience in strategy & business plan development and rollout;
- Experience in project management and managing innovation projects;
- Demonstrated experience in donor relations and fundraising, including in developing fundraising proposals;
- Understanding of humanitarian coordination architecture and IM ecosystem, financial
- governance and accountability for non-profit organizations
- Demonstrated knowledge of quantitative and qualitative analysis methods;
- Excellent coordination skills including diplomacy and facilitation of workshops;
- Strong inter-personal skillsand ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment;
- Willing to travel to field locations and visit partners abroad.
All employees should master DRC's core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
Contract length: 6 months with possibility for extension, subject to donor funding
Workplace: The position is placed in DRC HQ in Copenhagen, but we offer flexibility to locate the position in one of DRCs offices in Region Europe subject to further dialogue.
Start date: January 15, 2024
If employed in Denmark, it will be a national position for which local terms and conditions apply in accordance with the agreement between DRC and AC. The position is at fuldmgtig level.
All applicants must send a Cover Letter and an updated CV in English. Apply online on our page Current Vacancies at www.drc.ngo.
Closing date for applications: December 10, 2023.
For questions regarding the vacancy, please contact Cecilia Utas, JAWS Analysis Expert, Global Protection Unit, [emailprotected].
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.