Requisition ID: req46868
Job Title: Information Management Assistant
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Al-Hasakah, Syria
Advertisement End Date: November 26th,2023
The Syria crisis is often described as the worst humanitarian catastrophe since the end of the Cold War. Today, 13.4 million people in Syria - more than half of the country's population - are in need of humanitarian assistance with needs increasingly being exacerbated by economic decline. Of these, 6.8 million are refugees and asylum-seekers who have fled the country. This is no short-term humanitarian episode. The devastating human consequences to huge numbers of people will endure for decades. The destruction of relationships, communities, livelihoods, homes and infrastructure will take years to repair.
IRC is offering a robust humanitarian response to the Syria crisis a rapidly expanding portfolio, supported by more than 1000+ staff in Syria Country Program. IRC is undertaking programs in Syria and the neighboring countries of Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon and Jordan in the fields of health, child protection, early childhood development, education, womens protection and empowerment, non-food items and food distribution, cash assistance, water and sanitation, protection and rule of law, and livelihood programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
As a member of the Information Management team within IRC's Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) division in Syria, your role assumes pivotal importance in the collection, organization, analysis, and presentation of data in support of our seed security programs. We seek an individual with robust technical data skills, exceptional communication prowess, an unwavering commitment to detail, and a strong dedication to equal opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with program personnel to propose and implement CommCare surveys to monitor seed project implementation. Offer comprehensive training and on-ground support to field teams for effective problem-solving, ensuring equal access to resources and opportunities.
- Assume responsibility for meticulously cleaning and analyzing data using Excel, PowerBI, and other relevant platforms. Craft impactful visualizations and dashboards to unveil trends and glean valuable insights, emphasizing promoting equal access to information.
- Regularly produce high-caliber 4Ws reports that meticulously outline seed security activities. Effectively communicate key findings to internal and external collaborators, committed to visibility and inclusivity.
- Undertake regular field supervising visits to assess progress and identify technical quality and/or other implementation issues, provide solutions and implement modifications as the need arises.
- Strengthen data capacity through training, workshops, and mentoring for field personnel and partners, fostering data collection and analysis expertise on diversity and inclusivity.
- Remain current with the latest advancements in data tools and technologies, actively share newfound knowledge with relevant teams, and ensure equal growth opportunities are accessible to all.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible professional experience of information or Data management
- Diploma degree in any related field
- Previous experience in an emergency or conflict-afflicted setting is required.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- A commitment to IRCs mission, vision, values and IRC Way Professional Code of Conduct.
- Credible written, presentation and verbal communication skills; ability to convey information effectively and solid experience providing training and staff development.
- Validated sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to handle complex situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills and a solid ability to promote harmonious/cohesive teamwork, in a cross-cultural context.
- Validated ability to plan long-term, organize priorities and work under administrative and programmatic pressures with detail orientation and professional patience.
- Highly collaborative and resourceful; ability to establish positive working relationships with senior level management and all other partners to maximize cooperation and productivity.
- Curiosity, a desire to continually learn and develop is a must.
- Analytical ability in creating effective solutions to complex matters while adhering to labor laws and internal policies.
English is required, while Arabic is desired.
Travel: 15% to field sites in NES as well as attending regional and global workshops and meetings.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Information Management Officer
Position directly supervises: Senior Information Management Officer
Indirect Reporting (If applicable): Senior ERD Manager
Key Internal Contacts: Livelihood Manager, Basic Needs Manager, Senior Seed Officer, Agriculture officer
Key External Contacts:FSL working group, ERL working group, Cash working group
Professional Standards: IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way Global Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, IRC operates and carries out policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Workplace Harassment, Respect at Work Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Returning National Candidates: We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a citizen of the Country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, the Middle East Region has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply. IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs.
Accountability to Clients: IRC staff must adhere to the commitment of contributing to the sustainability and development of its (CR) Client Responsiveness Mechanisms, preserving the culture of prioritizing the needs of our clients and affected communities by systematically listening to their perspectives and using their feedback to make programmatic decisions and give them greater influence over program design and delivery.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Diversity and Inclusion: at IRC MENA, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Organizations that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, nationality, and perspective are validated to be better organizations. More importantly, creating a safe workspace environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best is the right thing to do. So, bring your whole self to work.
IRC is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, respectful and safe work environment where all persons are treated fairly, with dignity and respect. In keeping with our core values of Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality, IRC strives to maintain a work environment built on mutual respect in which all individuals treat each other professionally, and free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. IRC expressly prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or bullying of IRC Persons in any work setting. All IRC staff, wherever they are located, are accountable for creating an environment free of discrimination, harassment, bullying, and retaliation.