With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
The Finance Systems Specialist for Planning, Budgeting and Actuals System (PBAS) is responsible for managing, administering and maintaining the finance application or system, and for providing solutions, advice and support to its global users. The position ensures that the system/s function/s according to business and operational needs by understanding business needs and working with vendors and internal teams to resolve issues, solve problems and configure the system/s to fit business needs. This position also supports the system users and business owners with technical issues and requests, and are expected to implement and configure new tools, fix errors, develop templates and reports, and configure settings. As this position is most-knowledgeable about the finance application or system assigned to them, this position is also expected to train users, maintain learning and system design documentation, and maintain training materials.
Major responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Supports systems users and business/process owners by providing resolution to problems, addressing tickets or incidents, and troubleshooting
- Diagnoses escalated problems or escalates, when needed.
- Investigates alternative methods to expedite problem resolution.
- Recommends procedures and controls for problem resolution or creates temporary solutions until permanent solutions can be implemented.
- Researches, analyzes and recommends the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify any problems.
- Reviews checklists and scripts.
SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENTS (SLAs):
- Assists in developing SLAs
- Ensures that SLAs are met
- Ensures performance meets the present and future needs of the business.
- Forecasts utilization patterns and identifies modifications or upgrades.
- Recommends changes/ enhancements for improved systems availability, reliability and performance.
- Designs, plans and leads testing efforts and coordinates feedback of test results.
- Develops cases test files.
- Conducts testing to ensure requirements are met.
- Maintains the system and ensures optimal performance
- Studies and reviews resources to establish requirements, methods and procedures for routine maintenance.
- Makes recommendations to improve security and participates in investigations as needed.
- Adheres to security requirements.
- Analyses, proposes designs, and develops systems to meet business requirements.
- Coordinates design of subsystems and integration with larger systems.
- May coordinate development and improvement activities with other groups.
- Works with impacted areas to ensure proper communication / review of requirements and integration.
- Determines infrastructure systems specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Works with business analysts and clients to understand business needs.
- Recommends performance metrics.
- Analyses operational metrics to understand performance and to ensure success in process improvements.
- Reviews current applications and technologies, and ensures high performance of existing systems through continuous improvement
- Continuously learns, studies and reviews new technologies, and assesses fit to the business need
CROSS-TRAINING AND SUPPORT:
- Cross-train with other specialists, administrators or associates and develop average to above-average expertise in other systems and technologies
- Provide temporary support to 1-2 other systems or applications
- May participate in the implementation of contingency plans including reliable backup and restore procedures.
- Participate in the identification of vulnerabilities and their mitigation.
- Verifies that system backups run successfully.
POLICIES, PROCEDURES, AND STANDARDS:
- Works with auditors, security groups, and data owners to make sure of governance, regulations, and compliance to policies and procedures.
- Defines procedures for user access to systems environment.
- Maintains system operating procedures and documentation
- Documents new or modified functions, modules, test activities/results and other areas such as error handling and backup/ recovery procedures.
- Ensures all documentation is delivered according to specified guidelines and on selected media.
- Proofreads documents for accuracy.
- Assist FD&C and the rest of GFS leadership in various assignments, tasks and projects as may be assigned.
- Attend and participate in meetings, conferences, workshops, etc.
- Attend and participate in chapel services, daily and group devotions
- Promote World Visions values through example and hold others accountable for the same across the team
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned.
- Bachelors degree in related field, specialized training or equivalent work experience.
- At least 2 years of experience with Microsoft Power Platform especially Power Apps, Power Automate or similar technologies
- At least 1 year of experience with World Vison PBAS system, or similar budgeting system, or workflow application
- Has substantial and successful experience working in a multi-cultural, geographically dispersed work environment and is able to work with several functional managers or stakeholders
- Strong customer service skills with emphasis on customer satisfaction through delivery of clear results using available resources.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills; capable of viewing issues from multiple perspectives, advocating for best solutions and demonstrating understanding of interdependencies.
- Able to work with several functional managers or stakeholders and is able to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization (verbally and in writing)
- Ability to work independently and willingness to take ownership/make decisions within area of responsibility
- Results-orientated work approach and ability to escalate effectively, if required
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge and experience is an advantage
- ITIL Certification or training is an advantage
- Finance background is an advantage
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only