With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
- Lead local planning process ensuring Critical Paths of WVs development program approach (DPA)
- Ensure all RC are aware of major planned activities in the AP that they could participate in and benefit from. Ensure all RC are included (participating and benefitting) in ageappropriate program activities (TP / CESP), as per Standards, contributing to their overall development
- Regular update MVC mapping and have a clear focus of target MVC markers: is tracking improvement in MVC well-being, reflecting, and adapting based on that tracking and is increasing its MVC targets achieving for both RC and non-RC
- Address vulnerability and gender-based issues, ensure Christian commitment, child protection, environment, and conflict resolution are mainstreamed within WV initiatives in their assigned communities
- Ensure primary focus area plans in the creation of annual area program plans within the stipulated time and ensure proper budget utilization and spending by WV policies, standards, and procedures.
- Conduct Program Quality self-review with the stakeholders, community, and within the Area Program team and ensure learning is addressed during the next planning and implementation and how our program and project is contributed to the childs wellbeing.
- Support local level partners to identify needs and underlying causes, recognize local assets and resources which could support them in meeting these needs, and mobilize these in program implementation.
- Intentional and continuous monitoring of the project impact and contribute to analysis and interpretation of monitoring data which is assured as realistic.
- Monitor and report on sustainability indicators: there is ongoing staff reflection/equipping on community engagement and project mode scale up within AP areas and at the national level which leads to changes and program plans.
- Document and submit progress, learning, challenges, story of significant changes through community reflection, into monthly, semi-annual and annual reports to relevant management and donors.
- Sponsorship Integration: Provide Sponsorship in Programming subject matter expertise and technical support to ensure Child Sponsorship is integrated within AP Annual Plans and TP and CESP activities. Review quality of Sponsorship in Programming annually using the SiP Reflection tool. Ensure community, families, and childrens understanding of child sponsorship for transformation.
- Community engagement: Participate in sponsorship education processes and provide technical input on sponsorship messaging and sponsorship aspects of community engagement, and ongoing community sponsorship education and messaging processes. Actively engage RC parents and community on new sponsorship initiatives to strengthen the participation of parents and communities in sponsorship activities.
- Manage Child Sponsorship to contribute to Community-led Care & Protection: Work with AP team to ensure Child Sponsorship contribution to local care and child protection efforts. Establish child selection and monitoring through the local Child Well-Being Committee linked to child protection.
- Nurture sponsor and child connections: Facilitate quality and timely communication between sponsors and Registered Children.
- Manage sponsorship activities to contribute to Child Participation, Life Skills, and Voice: Ensure sponsor engagement feature opportunities (IL, SL, CR, CGV, CPA, CC, APR, DPR, etc.) contribute to developing life skills and promoting child participation and voice. Support implementation of sponsor communication through program activities as per activity designs.
- Efficient management & delivery of sponsor engagement features: Facilitate practices and appropriate tools to ensure management of sponsor child communications (IL, SL, GN, EL, APR, CEW, CC, Queries, FL, BB, Sponsorship 2.0 content and sponsor queries), within sponsorship standards.
- Systems maintained, updated and function: Collaborate with WVIT and NO IT in maintenance and update of sponsorship systems to ensure SSUI, child data, sponsorship systems, and Horizon mobiles are maintained and regularly updated as per WVIT protocols and properly functioning at the field level. Ensure the functioning of all Sponsorship Business Systems (data flow between AP, NO, and SOs and vice versa -reconciliation of data discrepancies)
- Storage, filing, and security meet policy requirements: Ensure storage and safekeeping of child data, sponsor addresses, sponsorship documents, files, and systems and are aligned to child protection policies, standards and procedures. Maintain security of Sponsorship data, system resources, and sponsor addresses. Ensure effective communication about World Vision (WV)s identity, mission, vision, values, and approach to development. This includes child sponsorship as integrated within the broader community engagement process
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the local context, including government perspectives and plans, ensuring all voices are heard, especially those of children and youth, including the most vulnerable
- Support critical awareness in the communitys response to the well-being of children and other vulnerable groups and ensure participation of these groups in community development processes
- Facilitate effective working relationships between local stakeholder groups and between local partners and others outside the area and identify key priorities for child well-being
- Mobilize and support the creation, mobilization, and strengthening of community groups and key stakeholders which catalyze community engagement to improve child well-being
- Build close relationships and actively learn within partner communities, through home visits, immersion in communities and with host families, attending community social events, etc.
- Work with stakeholders in a range of different development relationships toward the well-being of children in the communities
- Facilitate formation and ongoing capacity building of new and existing partners for holistic sustainable development
- Undertake social networks analysis to understand the functions various stakeholders fulfill, power dynamics, the potential for partnership, and capacity-building needs.
- Train and coach partner local groups on appropriate skills and self-assessment methods to build their capacity for management of local initiatives.
- Create a long and short-term project idea pool through regular brainstorming and indepth purposeful reflections at the AP level
- Collaborate/support with GAM, PRQD, and NRD to share local needs/project ideas towards the well-being of the most vulnerable children within the target and nontarget areas.
- Support local sponsorship fundraising initiatives such as M2M, corporate engagement, and one-time events at both local and national levels.
- Ensure corporate and other private donor engagement
- Develop, share and document the project best practices, lessons learned, and scale up ideas at the national level
- To enhance effective and efficient utilization of resources and maintain high standards of stewardship and accountability
- To ensure program accountability and sustainability drivers throughout program implementation
- Communicate WVs mission, values, and identity in an appropriate manner to all relevant stakeholders, including community people, local authorities, and other NGOs.
- Apply continuous learning in work situations & reflect on the impact on performance
- Act by WV policies & protocols about children at all time
- Monitor the monthly spending to take timely actions and rectifications if necessary
- Ensure all the expenses are within the approved budget line
- Any other activities in the related field as assigned by the AP Manager and Regional Operations Lead
- Contribute to the common goal and aspirations of the WVI Mongolia, be an active member of the team
- Attends devotions and weekly chapel services and supports the spiritual development of his/her team. Self-development (Physically, Emotionally, Spiritually, and Professionally)
- Contribute to ongoing reflection & learning within the team to improve program performance
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only