With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Purpose of the position:
Support all field operations by ensuring proper usage, regularmaintenance and repairs of all assigned vehicles and motor bikes for high performance and to undertake driving assignments within and outside the project areas as required.
Observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others
- Transport staff to and from destinations where official business is conducted
- Monitor the status and condition of vehicle under his responsibility and initiates requests for its needed maintenance and repair
- Regularly ensure the neatness of vehicle under responsibility
- Seeing to it that the vehicle under responsibility is in safe premises, whenever it is not in use
- Maintain a record of all trips made as well as the consumption of fuel and other tools used for the operation and maintenance of vehicle
- Usage of navigation applications in determining best routes of travel
- Performs other functions as may be directed by the Maintenance Lead and/or higher authorities.
- Being able to conduct vehicle servicing with less supervision and keep maintenance records.
- Community entry and mobilization skills
- Basic planning and organizational skills
- Basic computer skills
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Professional drivers license for at least 5 years, preferably experience with 2-ton 4 wheel drive and above.
- Preferred: Motor Mechanic Certificate (MVM) or Motor Vehicle Technician (MVT) 1/2 plus at least 3 years relevant experience.
- Project team on the repairs of vehicles and motorbikes
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- To be able to undertake general maintenance of vehicles and diagnose faults, preferably on diesel engines
- Ability to conduct basic repairs on vehicles for evacuation to safety or garage when and where needed.
- Ability to write reports (basic)
- Ability to communicate clearly in English. Fluency in French is an added advantage.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Field-based
- Travel: 80 % Domestic travel is required.
- On call: 20%
Applicant Types Accepted: