With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Location: Any country in Asia or MEER with WVI registration
VisionFund is World Visions microfinance provider serving vulnerable clients through loans, savings, and insurance. We enable families to grow their livelihoods in hard to reach, rural locations in 28 countries so that caregivers can create secure futures for their children. We believe in brighter futures for children; empowering families to create incomes and jobs; unlocking economic potential for communities to thrive. Join VisionFund as we seek to end intergenerational poverty through microfinance.
VisionFund International develops a strategic initiative to use insurance tools and techniques to help create financial safety nets for the poor, targeting VF borrowers, WV beneficiaries and beneficiaries of other partners. This then prevents them from falling back into poverty when shocks occur.
This role is set to ensure the delivery of our insurance operations in the Asia and MEER region. The work will involve strong project management and co-ordination of many stakeholders as well as highly technical design of insurance solutions. The successful candidate will drive pragmatic implementation of insurance solutions into VisionFunds, World Visions and other partnersoperations to create affordable financial safety nets for the borrowers and beneficiaries. This role is proactive, making sure results are achieved as per the defined and developing plans.
Integration of insurance within MFIs, WV and other partners
- Develop and then ensure a smooth implementation and integration of the insurance activities into VisionFunds, World Visions and other partnersexisting operations.
- Advise and specify teams skills for all kinds of insurance business management.
- Make the case for change to senior stakeholders and take staff, volunteers and clients along the implementation journey to make the offering of insurance products cost effective and efficient
Insurance business development
- Put together measures that would coordinate the analysis of the insurance client needs in the branches and APs in order to define products that will serve their needs.
- Enhance awareness of potential for all insurance products within the region through the development of a clear insurance ambition for each country that combines impact potential and financial income.
- Drive business case analysis for different insurance product types within MFIs and WV NOs.
Insurance product development
- Ensure insurance product design activities within VFI bring to a practical and cost-effective conclusion by gathering qualitative and quantitative data.
- Ensure inputs from other specialists is driven towards practical solutions that will work for VisionFund, World Vision and for the poor.
- Interact effectively with a very diverse range of stakeholders serving to deliver insurance products.
- Reports for VisionFund Insurance Operations Director
- Assist local management to report to their boards on key insurance projects.
- Be responsible for quality reports for Insurance program implementation
Training and writing of standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- To conduct and deliver trainings for staff who deal with Insurance. To identify talent and potential successors for this role, among staff. Coach them and identify right trainings and stretch assignments for their development
- To contribute and provide inputs for training curriculum for staff for them to raise awareness of insurance among clients and be able to sell insurance products
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
Required Professional Experience
- Bachelors degree in business administration, economics, international relations, accounting or other relevant subject.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience: at least 5 years of experience in business development in SME/ micro-banking, insurance, or microfinance.
- 1-2 years experience in partnership distribution.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in developing countries of managing insurance projects (client engagement, implementing insurance operations in partnership (bancassurance), designing clear plans for countries, and getting results in different contexts). And 2 years cross country experience
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Hands-on, can do approach. Someone who gets things done and has a track record of achieving results working with others remotely.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills including cross-culturally.
- A clear communicator with excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Technical insurance qualifications are a significant added plus.
- Experience in health insurance company would be a clear asset.
- Masters or MBA preferred.
Travel, Work and Language Requirements
- Ability and willingness to work with the remote team members working in multiple countries
- Travel to the field may include remote rural locations
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in English
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only