We support peace and prosperity by building connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and countries worldwide.
We work directly with individuals to help them gain the skills, confidence and connections to transform their lives and shape a better world in partnership with the UK. We support them to build networks and explore creative ideas, to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Working with people in over 200 countries and territories, we are on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 202122 we reached 650 million people.
Pay Band 6
Contract Type Indefinite
Location - Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Locally Recruited: Applications are welcomed from candidates with a right to work in Vietnam for an employment purpose.
The purpose of this role to actively pursue Examinations Business in the country, converting opportunities into business. This includes all aspects of examinations, but with a strong focus on business development across various products and services.
Main opportunities/challenges for this role:
- Understanding and foreseeing country conditions to spot and act on opportunities.
- Providing timely feedback on commercial planning scenario's that have changed.
- Achieving sales/ account targets and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Carries out routine monitoring and standard reporting on commercial data involving sales, profitability and/or co-funding and sponsorship opportunities using an agreed set of corporate processes, techniques and report templates.
Market and customer intelligence
- Collects, reports and uses Customer/ Market Intelligence from what is seen/heard on the ground and link to Marketing on Insights.
- Inputs into innovation and business development plan/targets.
- Identifies Opportunities
- Converts short-list opportunities.
- Generates new leads through networking/relationship development.
- Analyses customer needs and ensure customer is kept informed throughout process.
- Develops value propositions with support from Head of Business Development, Marketing Manager and Account Manager.
- Manages tender submissions.
Analysis and Reporting
- Uses standard procedures and templates, regularly records, analyses and reports on operational activity levels and performance data, to support senior managers in making timely and effective business decisions that respond to operational needs.
- Conducts research, using a range of information channels, into business activities, challenges and key personnel in target customer, partner or sponsor organisations to support developing new business and cultural relations opportunities.
- Coordinates and organises contact with stakeholders in key client/partner/sponsor organisations e.g. meetings, conference slots, sending targeted marketing or thought leadership materials etc.
Brand/product knowledge and promotion
- Maintains an up-to-date and sound overview of the suite of British Council products, programmes and services to enable the provision of informed business development support to internal colleagues and ensure the British Council brand is promoted accurately and professionally in any communications with actual/prospective customers and partners.
- Within agreed corporate processes, contributes data and/or administrative support, as required, to enable the development and distribution of high quality, customer and market-focused marketing collateral (via a range of channels) to promote the British Councils offer externally.
Leadership and management
- Prioritises own work activities, from long terms plans into day to day activities.
- Builds relationships and uses influence to work with others internally to grow the business.
Role specific knowledge and experience:
- Proven experience working in a compliant and regulated environment
- Business Development
- Contract management
- Market research and horizon scanning of sector
- Monitor Ministry changes which will impact on business
- Experience of working with regulatory bodies
- Building and maintaining stakeholder relationships
Role Specific Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree in Business or Marketing (Professional qualification in Marketing is desirable).
- Proven work experience in a Managerial role.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English (IELTS 6.5 or above is desirable)
- Good written and verbal communication skills in Vietnamese
- Competent IT skills
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills
- Very good problem solving skills
Closing Date for Application: 01st December 2023, 23:59 Vietnam Time (GMT+08)
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion(EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council iscommitted to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Councils Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ASK HR email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.