Requisition ID: req46814
Job Title: Marketing and Special Events Intern
Employment Category: Intern
Employment Type: Part-Time
Compensation: USD 0.00 - 0.00 Hourly
Location: San Diego, CA USA
Work Arrangement: In-person
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the worlds worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities.
SCOPE OF WORK: The IRC in San Diego has provided training and assistance to small businesses in their path to establishing themselves in the commercial landscape, in real life and online. The Marketing Program will provide administrative and direct service support to the program and its clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Based on intern skills and experience, responsibilities may include a combination of program support, administrative support, and direct service:
- Support IRC staff in developing special events including logistics, marketing, outreach with vendors and community members
- Attend special events and provide event support
- Help to promote and market SBDC events and webinars.
- Develop monthly newsletter of the organizations clients and upcoming trainings.
- Create resources for the organization and its clients, such as FAQ sheets and analysis of business opportunities, through analyzing past program data and researching current trends and opportunities.
- A good understanding of social media marketing techniques is desired. Social media require excellent writing, communication and computer skills.
- Develop marketing and outreach materials, and collect success stories
- Intern will gain experience in all aspects of special events from logistics, operations, marketing, coordination.
- Understand how small businesses try to compete with big competitors with limited resources directed towards publicity and marketing.
- Establish successful marketing campaigns focused to smaller communities with different consumption patterns.
- Bachelors degree in a related discipline (business, hospitality tourism & management, marketing, publicity, communication) or outstanding current undergraduate pursuing a relevant degree.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe, Photoshop and similar design software.
- Experience with both administrative work and direct service with diverse populations.
- Excellent organization skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to effectively collaborate
- English fluency required, proficiency in a refugee language (Arabic, Farsi, Swahili, Vietnamese, Spanish, Creole, Somali) a plus
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.