With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Key Outputs/Responsibilities (Accountabilities and results)
Engaging and visioning with communities: 15% of time
- Ensures effective communication about World Visions identity, mission, vision, values and our approach to development. This includes child sponsorship as integrated within broader community engagement process.
- Develops and maintains a strong understanding of the local context, including government perspectives and plans, ensuring all voices are heard, especially those of children and adolescent, including the most vulnerable.
- Supports critical awareness in communitys response to the well-being of children and other vulnerable groups and ensure participation of these groups in community development processes.
- Facilitates effective working relationships between local stakeholder groups and between local partners and others outside the area.
- Identifies new partners within and outside the community, identify how these partners can work together towards shared priorities for child well-being.
- Mobilizes and support the creation and strengthening of groups of key stakeholders which catalyze community engagement to improve child well-being.
- Facilitates local advocacy and support key community meetings /workshops designed to explore and identify key priorities for child well-being.
Partnering and planning with communities: 15% of time
- Implements activities in association with local partners.
- Leads local planning processes using WVs development programme approach.
- Facilitates the development of multi-stakeholder partnerships.
- Supports local level partners to identify needs and their underlying causes; and recognizing local assets and resources which could support them in meeting these needs, mobilize these in programme implementation.
- Ensures technical experts from WV and partner agencies engage in the root cause analysis and project planning, assisting them to communicate with community in clear and practical ways and providing information about community needs.
- Ensures local programme plans are shared with the Cluster Programme Manager and support is provided in the creation of annual area programme plans.
Sponsorship Facilitation: 15% of time
- Orients community on sponsorship messaging, integrated with broader community engagement process.
- Manages ongoing capacity building of partners and community groups as part of integrated capacity building on CWB.
- Work with SSAs to ensure effective RC registering and management support - 2.0 product in the AP.
- Participate in Registered Children (RC) registering, monitoring and data processing for marketing.
Partner and community capacity building: 15% of time
- Facilitates capacity building that helps create an environment that promotes the rights, protection and participation of adolescents and children, including the most vulnerable.
- Builds the capacity of WV and partner community groups to deliver the joint outcomes effectively.
- Trains and coach partner community groups on appropriate skills and self-assessment methods to build their capacity for management of local initiatives.
- Identifies and engage relevant capacity building support from technical experts in WV and in partner agencies, as required.
Implementation and monitoring with communities and partners: 15% of time
- Leads implementation of technical programmes within the allocated primary focus area.
- Facilitates community, including the most vulnerable, to participate in the gathering of, reflection upon and learning from monitoring data.
- Contributes to analysis and interpretation of monitoring data.
- Ensures monitoring data is shared with relevant WV staff.
- Ensures reports on shared projects are communicated within community as agreed with partners.
- Assists partners in documenting their own learning.
- Utilizes knowledge assets to improve programmatic outcomes.
- Ensure Child Protection project lessons learnt and promising practices are documented and shared with stakeholders.
- Track, document and share CP&A success stories to inform interventions.
Safeguarding: 25% of time
- Support the referral and reunification processes of all incidents reported at the AP level.
- Report adult and child safeguarding incidents for designated area programmes (Levels 1-3)
- Support proper implementation of the office's Safeguarding Incident Preparedness Plans at the local area program level.
- Provide clear monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually reports and data on child protection and advocacy activities, outputs and outcomes in AP communities.
WVI GENERAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Be Safe and Resilient
- Build Relationships
- Learn and Develop
- Partner and Collaborate
- Deliver Results
- Be Accountable
- Improve and Innovate
- Embrace Change
- Development facilitation skills
- Monitoring, reporting and proposal writing skills.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required: BA /BSC Degree in Social Work, Community development, or Education.
- Technical Training qualifications required: Professional technical skill desired (certification in Child Protection or experience)
- Experience: 3 years in development facilitation.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 10% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: 5%
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only