The British Council is the UKs international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
Job Title:Examination Services Assistant - CMR & Logistics (Kazakhstan)
Company: British Council
Location: Astana, Kazakhstan
Contract type and duration: Indefinite employment contract
The gross monthly salary for this post is KZT 320,000
Closing date for applications: 23 November 2023 (23:59 Almaty time).Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please do not apply if you are currently a student.
To enhance the quality of customer service, delivery, administration and security procedures associated with IELTS, Educational and Professional (EPE), and Aptis examinations, and to a lesser extent with other products. To support the department in meeting all standards as described in the IELTS Administrators Manual and the British Council Quality and Compliance Assessment System.
Main opportunities/challenges for this role:
An Excellent career path and development opportunities within the team and inside the organisation in other SBUs
Learning and Development assessment annually depending on needs and requirements for professional development
Needs excellent time management skills, also be able to work under pressure with time limits, gets along well with others
- Reports corresponding Examination Co-Ordinator
- Must adhere to the guidelines and administrator manuals provided by the relevant exams bodies
- Ensures exam materials are received at Test Centre and stored securely in the Confidential Materials Room (CMR)
- Accountable for ensuring that all relevant standards are met for all duties
- Customer Service, including registration of examination candidates: face to face, telephone and email
- Administrative support to their relevant Examination Co-Ordinator
- Back Office organization and administration of IELTS, EPE and Aptis Exams
- Examination supervision
Back Office organizational and administrative support
- IWAS main user
- Managing expectations stated in the Administrators Manual
- ORS ( Online Registration System) for both IELTS and UKVI IELTS
- BOSS ( Back Office Scheduling System)
- Registration input
- Test Day materials handover to invigilators (sign in sign out) in Administrators absence
Relationship and stakeholders management
- Carries out instructions and requests from Exams Coordinator efficiently and effectively
- Builds an understanding of whos who within the wider region to enable effective resolution of issues when they arise
Risk and compliance
- Ensures adherence to CMR standards and management
- When requested carries out random checks on Test Day to prevent issues from arising
- Provides support and reporting for audits and performance reviews
- Follows agreed corporate risk management processes and procedures when delivering services (e.g. child protection, security policies, financial protocols, anti-fraud measures) to protect the interests of the BC and its customers at all times
- Creates awareness within the country team on the importance of maintaining the standards around CMR and distribution of exam related materials, provide feedback if behavioural gaps are observed
- Is a specific point of reference on queries relating to an area of nominated expertise or responsibility
- Identifies where more complex issues require resolution by others and refers them on accordingly
- Recognizes and understands the impact of incidents arising (e.g. complaints, resourcing problems, logistical or technical difficulties) and proactively alerts the team leader to any issues of concern that are likely to impact service/project/task delivery or customer experience
Finance & Resource management
- Monitors and takes responsibility for small-scale resources/cash/stock, following established procedures and ensures that equipment and materials are available and ready to use when needed
Managing self & others
- Plans and prioritises own work activities, which span across a range of different work streams, responding to changing and at times competing requirements to ensure effective delivery of responsibilities over a weekly/monthly time horizon
- Monitors internal colleagues or external contractors/suppliers task completion to agreed quality and time standards
Test Day support
- This role will be part of a team carrying out Duty Officer duties on a rotational basis supporting test day delivery. The test day roster will include some early morning and weekend cover.
Other general tasks
- Fluent written and spoken Kazakh and/or Russian and English
- Relevant university degree or equivalent experience
- Working in a challenging environment operating against very tight deadlines
- Experience working in a compliant and regulated environment
- Experience of working in a high volume, busy operational environment, delivering to standard and managing confidential materials
- Experience in managing a small team
- Right to work in Kazakhstan
- Basic IT skills to support delivery of computer-based exams
- Previous experience of examinations administration and procedures
- Experience of supporting on delivery of computer-based exams
The British Council is committed to a policy of equality and to valuing diversity and is keen to reflect the diversity of the societies in which we work at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to avoid unjustified discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies.
The British Council has Disability Confident Employer Status. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role. Applicants are encouraged to highlight any specific requirements or adjustments needed to enable participation in the recruitment process.
The British Council iscommitted to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Councils Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.