With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
International Assignment - Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
World Vision seeks a cash and voucher program specialist for the USAID-funded, ACTED-led Ukraine Response Consortium (Addressing the immediate multi-sectoral humanitarian needs of IDPs and conflict-affected populations inside Ukraine). This position will be responsible for overseeing and supporting cash and voucher program implementation by partners or directly by World Vision, including the BHA-funded consortium. The project will contribute to increasing the coping, resilience, and response capacities of conflict-affected individuals in Ukraine, through immediate relief activities and information management support. The project will be implemented by ACTED (prime recipient), IMPACT (through REACH and PANDA), Estonia Refugee Council, CARE (and national implementing partners), World Vision (and national implementing partners), and Right to Protection (R2P) across the west, east, north/central, and south regions of Ukraine. To achieve this goal, the project will pursue the following strategic objectives:
Purpose 1: To improve access to essential WASH, Health, Shelter, and Protection services for conflict-affected populations inside Ukraine.
Purpose 2: To improve the ability of conflict-affect populations inside Ukraine to meet their essential needs through unconditional cash transfers and access to safe and nutritious food.
Purpose 3: To facilitate evidence-based planning and programming for humanitarian actors in Ukraine through information management, technical advisory, and coordination support.
The Cash and Voucher Program Specialist is responsible for providing technical expertise and leadership, as well as operational oversight of all cash implementation activities, and maintains relationships with all Consortium stakeholders. In addition, the specialist represents WV in the sub-national CWG meetings, provide the organizational updates, plans, and contribute to joint initiatives the cash working group undertaking. The Specialist in collaboration with the project managers and cash focal persons of the projects will support the beneficiarys identification, registration, deduplication, cash & vouchers distribution, and monitoring and reporting in Ukraine crises response program.
Leadership and strategy
- Provide thought leadership on the consortium on Cash implementation (MPCA and sectoral cash), ensure effective resource utilization through avoiding geographic overlap and referral pathways for cash and other sectors.
- Provide leadership to the BHA cash coordinator and partners cash focal persons and aware them on country level changes related with cash coordination structure, response arrangements (Regular MPCA vs Emergency MPCA).
- Support BHA Chief of Party in resolving grant management issues related to BHA cash activities quickly and fully with leadership.
- In collaboration with GAM and operation team, support the design of the cash and voucher programming for the entire Ukraine response, when it is required.
Consortium Relationship Management and Management of Other Stakeholders
- Manage proactive and responsive relationship with grant prime recipient (ACTED), donor, consortium partners and cash implementing partners in close collaboration with Chief of Party, the cash coordinator, and the UCR cash advisor and other relevant staffs within the WV response.
- In coordination with the WV BHA Cash Coordinator, liaise with local authorities, implementing partners, Consortium platforms (Cash Technical Working Streams and Project Implementation unit and Represent WV properly.
- Actively participate in all Consortium platforms (Technical Working Streams and Project Implementation unit) by providing WV updates, achievements, and learnings.
- Follow up all the cash and voucher actions raised in consortium accordingly.
Quality Protection Program Implementation
- In collaboration the WV BHA cash coordinator and partners cash focal person, ensure that beneficiaries are properly selected based on the predesigned project criteria, verified, deduplicated, and received the cash.
- In coordination with the BHA Cash Coordinator, direct and oversee the implementation of the cash and voucher program activities and World Visions sub-grantees, ensuring that all BHA expectations on the cash implementation is met and quality assured.
- Monitor all the cash activities in coordination with the assigned MEAL person and cash coordinator. Ensure proper quality assurance and lessons-learnt for on- going adaptation and improvement of the activities.
- Create space and time with staff, volunteers, and partners to reflect on what is learned through implementation.
- Cash implementation supervision and capacity building through training and on job coaching for WV staff and implementing partners.
- Support Monitoring and Evaluation to integrate Cash and voucher needs in baseline and end line and contribute to interagency assessment and monitoring processes.
- Closely work with the BHA Chief of party and BHA grant manager to ensure the grant/project budget is within approved spending levels and support accurate and timely cash distribution financial reports to donors.
- Coordinate the implementation of cash and voucher programming with MEAL, operation, data protection and management, finance, and other departments inside WV, and with ACTED, and local authorities externally.
- Represent and present WV in sub-national cash working groups and other clusters and provide WV implementation updates.
- Participate in the CWG joint assessment, HRP document preparation, monitoring, capacity building, and other identified activities by the CWG.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Required professional experience and Language:
- At minimum 5 years working in areas of cash and voucher program implementation in divers humanitarian contexts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, analytic skills, interpersonal skills, team management skills.
- Previous experience with local staff in conflict zones.
- Previous experience on programs implemented in Middle East/Eastern Europe region is highly desirable.
- Previous experience managing sub-contractors is highly desirable.
- Previous experience implementing a U.S. Government program is desirable.
- Strong skills in oral and written English.
- Ukrainian or Russian of advantage
Required education, training, license, registration, and certification:
- Masters degree in social science, social work, Cash and Voucher programming or any other relevant degree
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience in multi-sectoral implementation that has cash and voucher programming,
- Strong report writing and monitoring skills
- Interpersonal, management and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong leadership, capacity building, facilitation, and mentoring skills
- Knowledge of MS Office and statistical programs
- Frequent travels between Romania and Moldova
Travel and/or Work Environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local and International Applicants (IA's) Accepted