|Office Country||United Kingdom|
|Division||Finance - Strategy, Planning & Control|
|Posting End Date||29/11/2023|
Purpose of Job
The Principal, Banking & Treasury FP&A is responsible for providing revenue management client partnering for a Banking and Treasury within the Bank, within the FP&A teams mandate of establishing the Banks overall P&L and monitoring its execution. The role provides direct support to the Associate Director, Head of Banking and Treasury Business Partner in work to develop and present proposals for the overall revenue/ risk/ returns for the Banking and Treasury.
This is a visible and important role in promoting financial management and techniques across the Banking and Treasury to facilitate financial sustainability. The Principal, Banking & Treasury FP&A contributes to the preparation of specific sections of Bank documents issued to senior management and to the Board including the three-year Strategy Implementation Plan incorporating the annual Budget.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Accountabilities and responsibilities for this role are to be carried out with a strong degree of independence with limited supervision of Associate Director, Head of Banking and Treasury Planning, Analysis and Reporting, escalating complex or sensitive issues to the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis for guidance.
- Developing and maintaining relevant and insightful financial business performance analytics to support the decision-making process and the delivery of Banking & treasurys strategy and objectives
- Responsible for development of Segmented P&L models to support forecasting, planning and reporting for Banking & Treasury
- Working with Capital and Liquidity team to develop RAROC targets and thresholds for sector, product and geography deals to support pricing decision making and monitor their effectiveness
- Engaging with Banking & Treasury senior leaders to promote greater understanding financial data and analytics, as well as its enhanced role in decision-making.
- Develop and embed quarterly forecasting process for revenue and impairment and provide what-if and sensitivity analysis
- Represent FSPC in cross-departmental projects and contribute as a subject matter expert
- Building of market practice and own experience and leads continued improvement of revenue and risk management process
- Engages with stakeholders to understand their requirement of the team, provide meaningful and insightful support
- Play a key role in the development of client group business cases and operating model synergies.
- Management reporting to internal stakeholders and the Board covering financial and operating performance.
- Actively monitor monthly the business plan and budget execution, highlighting key variances and providing rationale for respective client groups
- Supervise work carried out by the Associate/ Analyst
- Responsible for recruit, train and manage junior staff to effectively meet objectives of the team
- This job description is not limited to the responsibilities listed and the incumbent may be requested to perform other relevant duties as required by business needs
- Constantly identifies ways for increasing efficiency and effectiveness by automating processes, improving data quality and adopting market best practices, hence freeing up resources for more added value activities such as business partnering and analytics
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Qualified accountant/ CFA qualified/ relevant Masters and/ or strong practical experience in Finance / FP&A
- Strong accounting knowledge and financial background
- Excellent numeric and analytical skills
- Extensive practical experience in P&L drivers and FP&A for Financial Services
- Ability to work under high degree of independence, whilst ensuring appropriate checkpoints are in place
- Stakeholder management and strong negotiation skills
- Coaching, mentoring and leadership skills
- Relationship management and strong influencing skills
- Persuasive, adapting information and style to the audience, building trust and attaining agreement
- Commitment to continuous improvement and developing innovative solutions
- Ability to work to deadlines and under time pressure
- Strong drafting and presentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people's lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Banks core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.