With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
VisionFund is World Visions microfinance provider serving vulnerable clients through loans, savings, and insurance. We enable families to grow their livelihoods in hard to reach, rural locations in 28 countries so that caregivers can create secure futures for their children. We believe in brighter futures for children; empowering families to create incomes and jobs; unlocking economic potential for communities to thrive. Join VisionFund as we seek to end intergenerational poverty through microfinance.
VFI is seeking a creative, digital first, relational team member to join the Marketing and Engagement team to create, manage, leverage, and optimize content on our digital communication channels. This position would manage the content creation for internal and external channels to foster and grow microfinance knowledge sharing and engagement across VisionFund, its MFI network, World Vision and other external audiences. Excellent English writing and editing skills are required along with a creative mind to create compelling stories and articles.
The job holder will be responsible for planning, managing and writing/editing the contributions to grow the VisionFund brand, our products, people and mission. It will require a keen understanding and experience with the latest social media trends and develop a plan to increase targeted engagement for greater awareness, digital and off-line, across the network and with multiple platforms.
The sourcing and creation of content that enhances the work of VisionFund will be used to equip, inspire both internal and external audiences. It will also enable staff, senior leaders, MFI network communicators with skills and knowledge to provide quality content for social media, blogs, and external publications.
Content creation for internal/external communication and social media
- Develop, source, curate, and manage content and update/maintain all VisionFunds social media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
- Develop campaigns using acquired content to boost our brand awareness, strategy, and our role in the microfinance industry, etc.
- Manage daily media and social media monitoring as it pertains to the microfinance industry.
- Develop a process and curate media for consumption of VFI, the MFI network and across the partnership.
- Leverage social listening insights, trending topics and research to create social and SEO-optimised content that supports content strategy and organizational goals.
- Monitor and report on testing results and overall social performance quarterly.
Manage thought leadership strategy
- Identify and promote VisionFund thought leaders through their creation of innovative, compelling stories/blogs.
- Develop calendar, work with leaders to align topics with annual targeted topics and pieces that will promote VisionFund mostly externally.
Equip, manage, and support MFI network communicators
- Partner with the network to gather content from MFIs.
- Serve as key point person to train, review and support MFI marcomms staff in areas such as PR, brand, crisis communication, marketing materials and MFI website management.
- Organise and provide quarterly training sessions through various methods including group training sessions, and training materials to build capacity in the MFI network.
- Coordinate with MFI communicators to deliver stories, photo and video content to be used in various.
Manage Story Hub content
- Review current content and publish stories, photos and videos to Story Hub for WV and VFI staff.
M&E Team General Support
- Respond to queries that come to VisionFunds public email
- Provide editing/presentation development and other comms support to various VFI departments and MFIs
- Event/conference support
- Support updating and management of website
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
Required Professional Experience
- Bachelors degree in journalism, strategic communications, or equivalent
- High level mastery developing social media content to increase brand awareness
- Minimum 6 years of advertising or marketing experience
- High level marketing experience with creation, testing and evaluation of content on all types of social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, internal communication platforms and web content management systems experience
- High level knowledge of content marketing and branding
- Creative, innovative
- Strong, versatile storytelling and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build collaborative relationships
- Excellent organizational, planning, and coordination skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and re-prioritize as needed
- Desire to take full ownership of assigned projects and can work independently
- Possess a sense of urgency; is self-motivated and detail-minded
- Good verbal presentation, group dynamic, and facilitation skills
- Proactive approach in resolving problems and issues
- Proven ability to work on a global scale
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Working knowledge of design tools such as Photoshop, InDesign
- Understanding and awareness of cross-cultural communications
- Knowledge of international microfinance and development issues
- Fluency in other languages, in particular Spanish or French desirable
Travel, Work and Language Requirements
- Travel up to 2 weeks per year
- Ability to work remotely, be an early adaptor to new technologies, attend meetings
- Excellent English fluency written and verbal
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only