Requisition ID: req46714
Job Title: Roving WP Data Officer - Partners
Sector: Women Protection & Empowerment
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Aden, Yemen
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the worlds worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Scope of Work:
Under the supervision of IRC Yemen WPE Program Manager and Roving Senior Program Officer the Roving WP Data Officer will be responsible for collecting and analyzing data of activities done by RISE Consortium partners.
Monitoring and Information Management
- Directly oversee all WPE data collection and management with the support and supervision of the WPE Managers and Coordinator.
- Ensure data received from the field teams is correctly entered into the program trackers on a regular weekly basis gather, consolidate, clarify errors, and clear the program data.
- Ensure accurate and regular data entry and review, including robust analysis and identification of trends, following the WPE information management protocols and standards set out by the GBVIMS;
- Maintain and ensure safe, ethical, and accurate documentation, filing, storing and usage of information.
- Share weekly the updated Program Data and Indicator tracker with the WPE Managers, alongside a brief trends analysis report on cases documented to guide GBV prevention activities and advise programming.
- Ensure all hard copy of case management and WPE activities files are securely stored (i.e. in strong lockable file cabinets where appropriate);
- Contribute to project monitoring and evaluation, including leading on or supporting the team with focus group discussions, community consultations, and carrying out feedback surveys with women and adolescent girls.
- Analyze and share results of safety audits, focus groups, and community consultations, including identifying trends and context changes.
- Regularly visit program activities to ensure that all data is correctly collected and stored and shared in a timely manner.
- Use project indicator data to monitor achievement towards objectives; report any projected shortcomings or gaps in timely manner.
- In coordination with the MEAL team, develop online database forms and other tools to facilitate the collection of data from field-based staff.
- Train and offer needed support to IRC andconsortium members to correctly and effectively use GBVIMS tools and WPE case trackers and other program activity and indicator trackers.
- Support proposal development as necessary.
- Submit accurate monthly indicator tracking reports and analysis, in-line with safety and ethical standards.
- Compile, edit, and write weekly, monthly and quarterly WPE quantitative program reports using assigned template, including collecting reports from field staff and producing final information products
- Ensure timely submission of data on the online i-portal.
- Act as focal point for Activity Info and other quantitative donor reporting
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelors degree in information technology, computer science or other relevant training
- Very good English language skills.
- Preferred minimum one-year professional experience in implementing GBV response programs.
- Knowledge of GBVIMS or confidential data entry
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible, able to handle pressure well, and strong communication skills
- Deep understanding of gender-based violence, womens protection and empowerment in the context of Yemen
- Excellent computer skills and abilities in Excel, Word, and web-based platforms/databases, and the ability to train others in these systems;
- Strong ability to work independently, meet deadlines, prioritize work under pressure, and maintain attention to detail;
- Willing to work as a member of a diverse team and maintain a positive attitude and good communication under pressure.
Based in Aden with frequent travel to project locations.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances