Requisition ID: req46705
Job Title: Student Assistant (f/m/d)
Sector: Awards Management
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Part-Time
Open to Expatriates: Yes
Location: Remote in Germany
IRC (International Rescue Committee) Germany is looking for a
Student Assistant (f/m/d)
Berlin, Remote in Germany | As soon as possible
20 hrs | 1 years
Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. In 2016, IRC Germany was founded and is involved in the areas of education, economic wellbeing, and safety, legal protection, and empowerment throughout Germany.
The AMU is a bridge between donors and the field: providing expert technical advice to the field, while maintaining portfolio-level visibility to ensure consistency and compliance and manage risk. This unit ensures that donor compliance policies and procedures are implemented consistently and supports all staff working across the grants management cycle for all restricted funding from global government sources. The unit operates within a matrix management system across teams in Germany, the US and the UK, driving functional integration between all relevant units and staff, in collaboration with the Senior Vice President AMU, Vice President, AMU, and the Senior Vice President for Europe in relation to overarching issues with European donors.
The Student Assistant provides daily administrative support for the team of Project Finance Managers. The role is required to be proactive, engaged, and effective in ongoing support connected with various administrative tasks. They will have reporting lines to Project Finance Lead, Germany and will work closely with Deputy Director, Project Finance Europe, Project Finance Managers.
- Support the Project Finance Lead to gather information regarding work-processes and checklists for award implementation and gather information regarding the lessons learned from the team
- Support Project Finance Lead in timely update of the funds receipts from the donor, transfers to the partner
- Support Project Finance Lead in timely update of the working tools of the team.
- Support the Project Finance Lead to gather information and /or to update the statistical information connected to the team portfolio.
- Support Project Finance Lead to prepare the accounting journals.
- Other administrative duties per request
- Enrollment in a university.
- You have English language skills at C1-C2 according to theCommon European Framework of Reference for Languages (CERF)
- A dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Basic financial and analytical skills, Student in accounting, business management or similar
- Good communication skills.
- A high level of resilience and flexibility.
- Knowledge of German, French, Spanish, and/or Arabic language skills, while not required, is desirable.
- Experience of working in a global organization, while not required, is desirable.
What We Offer
- Meaningful work in a multi-cultural team
- Attractive benefits for employees such as gym membership, company pension plan, job bike leasing, job ticket subsidy and special leave days
- 30 days of annual leave
- A salary of 1074 Euros / Month.
- Flexible hybrid-work options (working hours, office/homebased)
- Training and development opportunities
As an organization committed to an empowering and inclusive work environment, we avoid any form of discrimination. We welcome applications from people regardless of their national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability status or age and strongly encourage applications from candidates with a history of migration and resettlement. We believe in fair and equal treatment of all applicants and therefore kindly ask you to refrain from including photos in your application documents.
Please submit your complete application documents:
Letter of motivation (max. 1 page),
curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages),
References from acquired skills so far.
via our application portal. Unfortunately, we cannot consider applications submitted by e-mail.
If you have any questions, also on the topic of inclusion, please do not hesitate to contact Domtillah Herbrand (HR.Deutschland@rescue.org).
Please submit your application by 28.11.2023