We support peace and prosperity by building connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and countries worldwide.
We work directly with individuals to help them gain the skills, confidence and connections to transform their lives and shape a better world in partnership with the UK. We support them to build networks and explore creative ideas, to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Working with people in over 200 countries and territories, we are on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 202122 we reached 650 million people.
Pay Band 6 | Contract Type Indefinite | Location The role to be based either in Ho Chi Minh City orHanoi, Vietnam
Locally Recruited: Applications are welcomed from candidates with a right to work in Vietnam for an employment purpose.
The purpose of this role is to ensure exams operations meet demand, whilst maintaining customer service quality, exams integrity and compliance standards in Vietnam. This role is ultimately responsible for efficient and effective capacity, cost management, test day delivery expected to guide and coach team members to meet operations and service delivery standards.
This role has a specific responsibility for the management of partner, venue and other contracts.
Product Service Delivery
- Implement a range of standardised, operational procedures and systems within a given work plan to achieve specified, clearly measurable targets (revenue, volume, time and/or cost).
- Receive instructions and request cluster leadership and plans and organise given resources accordingly (often at short notice) to ensure that work is carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Adapt work plans where necessary to meet customer expectations.
- Drive continuous improvement at country level in the efficiency/cost effectiveness/quality of service delivery.
- Use a range of standardised systems and processes to plan and coordinate effective, timely and cost effective logistical support to enable the delivery of high quality services to a range of customers (internal and/or external).
- Take end-to-end accountability for researching and obtaining satisfactory and timely resolution of complex/escalated customer (internal or external) operational complaints and issues, coordinating input from other colleagues/departments/managers as required, to do so. Ensures the customer is kept informed throughout the process.
Relationship & stakeholder management
- Develop good working relationships with appropriate colleagues to facilitate effective and efficient service delivery.
- As required, support the Head of Operations in hosting/attending external events or meetings, ensuring these run efficiently and effectively and that a positive, professional image is projected.
- Collaborate with Operations and Business Development teams to understand their specific needs and requirements, translating them into appropriate contractual language.
Risk & compliance
- Use standardised processes to monitor team/unit compliance with agreed corporate risk management procedures relevant to service delivery (e.g. child protection, security policies, financial protocols, anti-fraud measures) to protect the interests of the BC and its customers at all times.
- Highlight to senior managers any instances of non-compliance.
- Ensure teams receive and maintain appropriate induction/training in all relevant risk management procedures.
- Use standard corporate protocols to assess a range of risks in to service/product/programme delivery.
- Make appropriate contingency plans to manage delivery safely and effectively in challenging or high-risk circumstances.
- Monitor contract performance and compliance, identifying potential risks, and providing guidance on mitigating those risks.
Analysis & reporting
- Use agreed financial procedures/templates, conduct monthly and year-end analysis and report on income and expenditure/ profitability and risk/pipeline/actual performance versus plan targets.
Commercial & resource management
- Directly plan and control specific cost variables (rather than the total budget) to meet established targets, ensuring compliance with all relevant corporate financial systems and processes.
- Actively seek to maximise value for money when acquiring resources, goods or services for the country operations.
- Operate and runs regular reports on financial processes and procedures to enable effective budget and resource management.
- Develop, maintain, and update contract templates, ensuring contracts are consistent with company standards and legal requirements.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including Procurement, Finance, and Legal departments, to draft contracts that align with organizational objectives and are compliant with relevant laws and regulations.
- Oversee and manage the contract lifecycle, from initial drafting and negotiation to execution, renewal, modification, and termination, ensuring timely delivery and adherence to established deadlines.
- Identify opportunities to improve contract processes and procedures, making recommendations to optimize efficiency and effectiveness.
Leadership & management
- Motivate and encourage team performance.
- Plan and prioritise country's operational activities, and support team development towards effective delivery of services.
- Manage day to day performance of country operations team, dealing with sickness, discipline, motivation etc., to ensure high quality service delivery is maintained at all times.
- Task and coordinate others (e.g. third party suppliers, external partners and internal colleagues) to complete activities in accordance with agreed service delivery/ contractual/ project milestones or requirements (e.g. cost schedules, time deadlines etc).
- Provide training and support to other team members on contract-related matters.
Role specific knowledge and experience:
- A good working knowledge of spoken and written English (IELTS 6.5 or equivalent)
- Experience of planning and delivery in a fast paced operational environment at a management level.
- Experience managing small teams or demonstrating management potential.
- Experience of delivery change and ensuring that new ways of working are embedded.
- Experience working in Exams environment is desirable.
- Experience of leading on delivery of computer based exams is desirable.
Role Specific Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree in any subject or qualification in a relevant field.
- Relevant experience of overseeing production of goods/provision of services.
- Experience in contract management and legal review (essential).
Closing Date for Application: 24th November 2023, 23:59 Vietnam Time (GMT+08)
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion(EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council iscommitted to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Councils Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email email@example.com
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ASK HR email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.