With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
World Vision seeks a Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID Markets for Sanitation Activity. The objective of this program is to increase gender inclusive and equitable access to improved sanitation and hygiene products by growing the nascent WASH private sector. The activity will increase the supply and demand for affordable, high-quality sanitation products and services; augment learning to bring innovations to scale; increase private-sector engagement with local authorities; and promote WASH enterprise growth.
This activity is expected to be a five-year program in the $25 to $50M range. The solicitation is expected to be released in November 2023 and awarded in May 2024. This position is subject to project award and funding.
The Chief of Party is accountable for the overall vision and leadership of the project and is accountable for delivering results. The successful candidate should possess significant experience managing program, financial, and operations of USAID- or other international donor-funded projects.
Position is contingent upon funding and donor approval. International and local applicants encouraged to apply.
- Direct and oversee the operational and technical aspects of the project, including planning, staffing, implementation, project results and deliverables, in accordance with the project work plan; ensure clarity over plans and priorities, and encourage effective teamwork across the project team comprising staff from partner organizations.
- Enable and oversee the projects engagement with the private sector to expand sanitation products and services and build business management capacity of SMEs as well as generation of co-investment from multiple stakeholders
- Lead the design and implementation of sustainable business models to increase demand and supply of sanitation products and services, including continuing research on existing markets and barriers to growth
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with USAID, project partners, and key stakeholders while ensuring compliance with USAID requirements, U.S. government regulations, and World Visions policies and procedures; serve as the primary liaison among all project stakeholders including the representation and presentation of findings from the program at high-level meetings with donors and at conferences.
- Develop and maintain an adequate human resource plan consistent with WV policies, donor requirements (such as A-110, A-122, A-133, 22 CFR 211, etc.) and local laws. Ensure proper technical capacity of staff to manage complex projects.
- Ensure grant/project expenses are reasonable, allocable, prudent and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure clean A-133 audits.
- Minimum of masters degree qualification in relevant field
- Minimum of 10 years of senior-level management experience on donor-funded programs. Previous experience with management of USAID-funded programs is required.
- Previous Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, Project Director or senior management experience in at least one of the following specializations: WASH, private sector engagement, market-based sanitation, taking products and services to scale, and/or related area in Ethiopia
- Experience managing large, donor-funded projects including management of implementing staff, local and international partner relationships, and significant government engagement- experience with USAID preferred.
- Experience working in or closely with the private sector to expand products or services targeting bottom of the pyramid consumers into new market
- Familiarity with training approaches and/or experience working with partners for developing business management skills for small to medium enterprises and sales approaches for frontline sales agents
- Extensive experience working with governments to develop join implementation and evaluation plans with a demonstrated history of generating co-investment from multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated track record of designing inclusive programs that include community participation and an equitable focus on women, people with disabilities, and other vulnerable groups
- Experience implementing Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) approaches to program design including learning planning, dissemination, and project adaptation
- Demonstrated skills building and maintaining relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Amharic; excellent demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local and International Applicants (IA's) Accepted