With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The job purpose of the Project Officer is to support the Project Manager with overall grant coordination including overseeing partner performance. He/she will be fully responsible for the management of the sub-grant component of project activities, including developing guidelines and selection criteria for sub-grantees, as well as managing their performance on project implementation.
Location of the project in Armenia are Shirak, Lori, Tavush and Gegharkunik marzes.
The position requires significant coordination skills, broad general and technical knowledge, experience in developing projects and skills to ensure coherence and consistency in spite of urgent deadlines.
Leading Equality and Access for Disabilities Project is focusing on supporting ICF (International Classification of Functioning) roll-out in Armenia. It is structured to enhance the capacity and resilience of Armenian civil society organizations as trusted, independent and effective actors via advancing participatory practices empowering Disabled Peoples Organisations as key elements of the disability support ecosystem through provision of policy and regulatory enforcement levers, embedding needs of persons with disabilities into policy delivery mechanisms, as well as channeling innovative instruments towards improving quality of life standards across regions of Armenia and among all types of beneficiaries.
- Support the Project Manager to coordinate the work with World Vision (WV) partners to implement the project efficiently,
- Manage grant component of the project, including supervision of subgrantees, contractors and partner organizations on project implementation,
- Work with partners promoting equal rights of persons with disabilities,
- Support the Project Manager in collection, compilation and timely submission of project reports,
- Develop various financial and administrative papers required for project implementation,
- Coordinate organization of capacity building events related to different aspects of the project, including interventions for subgrantees and other partners,
- Report on the progress and results of the awareness raising campaigns and capacity building activities,
- Support the development, translation and publication of project related materials,
- In coordination with Monitoring and Evaluation staff and peer agencies, he/ she will also develop and oversee implementation of baseline survey and monitoring/evaluation plan for effective and efficient monitoring,
- In coordination with Project Manager conduct monitoring visits to the project sites to ensure project implementation compliance with quality standards,
- Perform other relevant tasks assigned by Project Manager.
- Master's degree in related field,
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience in grant coordination and work experience in humanitarian agency,
- Ability and experience to supervise work of contractors, partners and subgrantees,
- Strong presentation and report writing skills,
- Good computer skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook,
- Ability to work with databases and documents,
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work under pressure,
- Good interpersonal skills and team building and team motivation skills,
- Analytical and critical thinking.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only