Overall purpose of the roleis to support the transportation based in Ukraine, to plan and manage the fleet / logistics activities in support of relief operations.
The Driver is responsible to drive, manage and administer the vehicle to provide safe and efficient transport for operations teams and field offices.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be
- Carry out the Daily vehicle driving duty and inspection of vehicle in accordance with the Supply Chain Manual
- Ensure that each vehicle is carrying a Vehicle Log Book, First Aid Kit and Fire Extinguisher.
- Ensure that the vehicles are cleaned both inside and out whenever needed.
- Report any accident or damage or defects to the vehicle to the SC Officer and Security Specialist and appropriate complete Accident Report, passing it to the Supply Chain Officer for action.
- Check and ensure Vehicle Log Books are correctly completed. Ensure that the Log Books are handed to the SC Officer on the first day of each month.
- Make sure that all vehicles are parked correctly during the day and at night at the office parking
- Check own vehicle after it has returned from repair to ensure that the work it went in for has been completed.
- Understand and obey all traffic laws and regulations of Ukraine and DRC in country.
- At all times be in possession of a valid driving license and make sure that the license is renewed when necessary
- Advise the SC Officer of needed service and maintenance of the assigned vehicle minimum 3 days in advance.
- Communicating with Supply Chain Officers and Security Officers
- Monitoring fuel states and organizing refueling
- Sending the completed Logbook to the Supply Chain Officer at the end of each day
- Compliance with working hours as regulated.
- Drivers are required to work in accordance with the operational needs of the operation
- We expect you to have minimum 5 years of professional driving experience.
- Deep knowledge of routes in Chernihiv and Kyiv region.
Required experience and competencies:
- Clean driving license (no conviction letter)
- 4x4 / off road experience
- Manual transmission experience
- Fluency in local language.
- Working with people.
- Handling insecure environments.
- Knowledge of English language is required.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to masterDRCs core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRCs values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Contract length:3 months with possibility of extension based on available funding.
- Level J2
- Start date:As soon as possible
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Councils Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 1st December2023
We reserve the right to conduct further interviews before the deadline for submission of applications.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo