Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and whenever possible for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the role
The Administration Officer is responsible for the administrative functions of the Regional Office under the supervision of the Regional HR & Admin Manager. The Administration officer oversees all aspects of administrative support at DRC Regional office, ensuring efficient operations and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Order office supplies, stationery for the office and arrange business cards for staff as required.
- Oversee all aspects of office maintenance and cleanliness including daily supervision of the office cleaner.
- Attend and receive phone calls to DRC office.
- Stationed at the reception to welcome and greet visitors to the DRC office and direct them accordingly or escort them to specific destinations.
- Ensure repairs and maintenance of facilities and equipment in compliance with DRC standards and procedures.
Travel and Event Coordination:
- Travel booking, managing travel expenses, Hotel booking and expense booking.
- Arrange transportation when requested and in a timely manner.
- Organize meetings/events/training and regional workshop when requested including getting the required approval from government for these workshops and meetings.
- Issue pre-arrival visas for participants and add them to the tracking list.
- Ensure meetings for the senior management team are organized and other administrative support as may be required.
- Confirm that all administrative expenses for office and guest houses (utilities, telephone, internet, diesel etc) are done through the respective procurement policies and set of required paperwork.
- Ensure all utility payments for expats and for DRC regional office are done on a timely basis.
- Confirm that all expenses for any agreements done between DRC and vendors/suppliers are done through the respective procurement policies and set of required paperwork.
- Support in filing and organization of all DRC contracts and archives (commercial, maintenance, and rental...etc)
- Inventory checks for all assets in guest houses, ensure that all assets are properly recorded and added to the asset list and get the required signatures Update.
- Conduct routine/regular visits to local police stations to facilitate the issuance of permits as required by law to facilitate the renewal of pre arrival visas.
- Keep and update tracking sheet for travel and hotel bookings, visas, and transportation and guest house visitors.
- Prepare monthly time sheet for cleaner.
- Support staff from other legal entities traveling to Amman for business trip in getting their visas, arrange their booking in the guest house/hotels, support in transportation and any other administrative support that may be required.
- Ensure guesthouse stocks and supplies are in place and monitor their utilization.
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Time Management and Organization:
- Prioritizing tasks and managing time effectively to meet deadlines.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum (2) years of Administration experience with INGOs or NGOs
- Excellent communication skills verbal and in writing
- Excellent inter-personal skills and proven ability to negotiate with a wide range of people (internally and externally)
- Ability to adapt to the complex and stressful working conditions of the area of operations.
- High-level knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Ability/willingness to work with extremely tight deadlines and multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of working on ERP system.
- English and Arabic are essential.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRCs five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRCs values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- Bachelors degree in relevant field or extensive experience can substitute qualification.
Contract length: (04) Months
Position Band: This position will be placed in the Non-management (H) band.
Start date: January 01, 2024
Duty station: Amman, Jordan
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Councils Terms of Employment for Nationals.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; DRC reserves the right of conducting tests and interviews before the closing date and can close the advertisement earlier in case of finding a suitable candidate.
Closing date for applications: November 22nd, 2023
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.