DRC is looking for a Head of Business Controlling. You will be part of our Operational Finance Support team, which is part of the Finance, Supply Chain and Risk (FRISC) Department in the headquarters of DRC. The purpose of the position is to manage the team which supports our implementing operations across over 40 countries in their project-related financial tasks. You will lead a team of Business Controllers, provide managerial and technical support to the team on the financial aspects of project management and master budgeting, reporting, auditing, and standardization. You will collaborate closely with your counterpart, the Head of Finance Controlling and the Donor Audit Advisors.As the Head of Business Controlling, you will also be involved in projects across the FRISC department.
Who are we?
The Department of Finance, Supply Chain and Risk (FRISC) consists of 70 colleagues divided into 4 teams. You will be part of our Operational Finance team. The Business Controller team consists of 12 colleagues. We have high ambitions for the project financial support we provide to the operations in DRC and are constantly working on improving our professional level.
About the job
Project Controlling Team Management
- Management of Business Controller Tasks based on FRISC and Operational Finance Division goals.
- Allocation of country portfolios according to all team members, ensuring volume/time balance
- Assigns special tasks according to team members skillset.
- Review and analyse monthly KPI and BI reports regarding the financial wellbeing of country operations, such as project portfolios, quality assurance of project related data.
- Ensures compliance to internal DRC policies and processes and external donor requirements.
- Ensures a great level of collaboration and cooperation within the team but also with the other crosscutting teams in FRISC & the extended organisation.
- Ensures the wellbeing of the team (leaves, team building, trouble shooting) and is responsible of staff retention.
- Delivers the yearly staff planning (resource scheduling, budgeting, project planning)
Expert Advice & Capacity Building
- Provides expert advice to the team or coordinates so the expert advice is being delivered.
- Provides expert advice for country operations/Country Director Level.
- Follows up on training and capacity building opportunities for the team members.
Reporting & Representation
- Reports Monthly to the Head of Operational Finance
- Represents Business Controlling team in the Finance Management Team.
- Represents Head of Operational Finance to other interorganizational groups, as assigned by her/his manager.
- Owns the Master Budget Modality Quality and Compliance in Global Level
- Owns Financial Proposals & Reporting Quality and Compliance in Global Level
- Owns DRC DYNAMICS financial business processes, related to projects, from the proposal stage to projects being finished.
- Owns operational level implementation of Financial Business Controlling
- Owns development. optimisation and implementation of standard project finance processes.
- Inducts Country Directors & Regional Operational Directors to Business Finance Modalities
- Inducts new team members to their role.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to be an experienced humanitarian project finance manager with high operational and ethical integrity, and the ability to work autonomously on a day-to-day basis. You must have solid communication and managerial skills combined with a solid operational financial business background, Strong emotional intelligence and the capacity to both delegate and provide hands-on solutions are essential. We envision you as having previously managed a team of a minimum of 10 people, with a record of success. Additionally, ddecision-making capacity is highly required, combined with a clear understanding of accountabilities and the ability to collaborate.
Our working language is English. However, knowledge of French, Spanish or Danish is considered an asset.
Moreover, we expect you to:
Have an education within finance or business administration, preferably on masters level.
- Have at least 5 years of managerial experience, preferably from an international organization, within a multicultural environment and with field experience.
- Have the ability to improve processes and invent manageable solutions, keeping in mind organizational standards.
- Be an experienceduserof Excel.
- Be an experienced user of ERP systems (MS Dynamics) and accounting principles.
- Have attention to details while keeping an overview.
- Be patient, attentive & eloquent.
- Have the ability/willingness to travel, at least 4-5 weeks per year (not consecutively)
All employees should master DRC's core competencies:
- Striving for excellence:You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating:You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead:You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating:You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity:Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRCs values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment.
Contract length: Permanent
Workplace: Borgergade 10, Copenhagen
Start date: As soon as possible.
This is a national position for which local terms and conditions apply. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Lederaftalen between Dansk Arbejdsgiverforening og Lederne (agreement for managers), which can be found here:www.lederne.dk.
Allapplicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered. Apply online on our page Current Vacancies at https://www.drc.ngo/.
Closing date for applications: November 30, 2023. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Head of Operational Finance, Anastasios Graikos [emailprotected].