Danish Refugee Council (DRC)is a leading protection agency with a mandate to protect, advocate and promote durable solutions for displacement affected populations.
DRC has been operating in Ukraine since 2014, currently DRC employs over 600 staff in Ukraine and will continue significant scale-up in 2023 to implement emergency response in the Protection, Livelihoods, Shelter/NFIs and Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding (humanitarian mine action) sectors, using direct interventions, support to duty bearers and civil society organizations (CSOs), and partnerships with CSOs. DRC will continue and adapt its durable solutions portfolio to the evolving context.
DRC is currently looking for aFinance Officer (Partnership)for its activities inKyiv.
Overall purpose of the role:
The Finance Officer will provide technical support to the Partnership unit in reviewing partner budgets and reports, participate in partner assessments, perform expenditure verification and facilitate partner audit. The Finance Officer will act as the focal point for financial and compliance aspects of Partnerships for implementing partners, including ensuring effective financial monitoring.
Required experience and competencies:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in financial/accounting field.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in skills (MS-Excel, MS-Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Experience working with Automated accounting and Finance Software.
- Able to work with tight deadlines and under minimum supervision.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills.
- Experience in working in NGOs - preferable.
Education or qualifications:
- Bachelors or Master`s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting (or related degree).
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Ukrainian
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRCs core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRCs values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Contract length: 3 months with possibility for extension.
- Level: H non-Manager.
- Designation of Duty Station: Kyiv.
- Start date: As soon as possible.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Councils Terms of Employment for national staff.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages in English).
Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 23rd November 2023.