|Office Country||United Kingdom|
|Contract Type||Short Term|
|Contract Length||12 months|
|Posting End Date||22/11/2023|
Purpose of the Job
The Officer for the Trade Facilitation team is responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support to the Associate Director, Head of Team and Team members as well as undertaking tasks related to the administrative responsibilities of the team.
The Officer is a 3 day a week role as part of a job-share arrangement.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Proactively conduct all administrative, logistical and secretarial duties for all team members to enable smooth running of the TFP team including meeting room bookings, proofreading emails/documents/reports, drafting of documents/responses.
- Arrange all elements of travel for team members according to EBRD policy including arranging; flights, visas, accommodation, transfers and preparing itineraries as well as claiming expenses on SAP.
- Team expense management and submission.
- Prepare team related documents such as PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, draft business correspondence, draft factsheet/briefing notes/reports/guidelines/internal announcements and newsletters etc.
- Coordinate documents submissions, acting as quality control, proof-reader and a fact-checker and ensuring all submission deadlines are met.
- Compiling and maintaining various institutional assignments progress tracking lists, follow up with persons assigned to ensure the deadlines are not missed.
- To assist with, when required, the logistics and administration of any team training and learning events, maintain a training log, a database of available FI training courses and draft internal communication related to FI staff learning programme
- Organise events: team trainings, team meetings, internal and external stakeholder meetings, conferences, training and learning events, presentations, workshops and team socials.
- Act as team IT co-ordinator and assist with staff on-boarding and off-boarding, which includes requesting equipment setup and system access.
- Update team intranet pages ensuring that all information is current.
- Undertake ad-hoc administrative tasks as required. Including, entry of contacts and filing of relevant info into Client Dynamics, safe-keeping of documents, filing.
- Work co-operatively with job-share partner and the FI Team Assistants, in positive partnership to support each other.
- Development and maintain effective communication methods to ensure seamless transition between job-share partners.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant secretarial or business experience.
- Excellent knowledge of English language with an ability to edit English language text written by non-native speakers.
- Knowledge of another language (e.g. Russian, French, or Arabic) would be useful but is not essential.
- Ability to engage with team members working in various locations and build positive relationships.
- A positive, proactive and can-do attitude, approach and team ethic. Willing to work overtime as and when required, sometimes at short notice.
- Proven experience at working at a senior secretarial/administrative level within a multi-disciplined and multi-cultural organisation, and with a genuine interest in banking investment project work
- Excellent organisational and effective planning skills, ability to prioritise and independently co-ordinate workload to comply with deadlines.
- Be reliable and flexible, be able to anticipate needs/issues, drawing on a high degree of initiative and judgement in reliably executing or coordinating a range of tasks independently.
- Very good level of numeracy.
- Good material presentation skills with attention to detail and the ability to judge required accuracy.
- Internal candidates to have a thorough knowledge of the Banks procedures, policies and of institutional working practices. Knowledge of the following systems desirable - DTM, PMM, Business Performance Navigator, Reed & Mackay, SAP, Project Link, Live-link, Monarch and Pegasus.
- Computer literate: Windows XP: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft TEAMS.
- Advanced level of Word and PowerPoint is essential, proficient at Excel.
- Good awareness of social media.
- Proficient at typing.
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people's lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Banks core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.