Requisition ID: req46575
Job Title: Employment Casework Intern
Employment Category: Intern
Employment Type: Part-Time
Compensation: USD 0.00 - 0.00 Hourly
Location: Tucson, AZ USA
Work Arrangement: In-person
The Employment Casework Intern supports Staff in assisting refugee clients secure their first jobs in the United States and guiding them towards successful integration into the American workplace. Interns will gain familiarity in cross-cultural training techniques, skills development and hiring procedures of area businesses.
Please note that this is an unpaid position.
This is an in-person position.
- Provides direct and administrative services to clients in the following areas:
- Resume preparation;
- Online and paper job applications;
- Job Interview coaching and practice;
- Client transport to interviews and other post-placement assistance;
- Research job opportunities;
- Client file management;
- Skill specific projects as assigned by Program Coordinator.
Reports To: Employment Supervisor and Employment Specialist as assignedQualifications
- Knowledge of employer expectations, job retention, and job search techniques
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding client information
- Strong verbal and written skills in English
- Punctual and reliable
- Strong intercultural communication skills; demonstrated ability to work effectively with people from other cultural backgrounds
- Drivers license, personal vehicle, auto insurance, a clean driving record, and willingness to drive clients in personal vehicle
- Technology requirements:Interns will be required to use their own technology tools to work on virtual opportunities. IRC is not responsible for any personal device expenses such as personal smartphones, tablets, hotspots, data charges, etc. All personal devices must:
- -Be kept current with all operating system updates and security patches,
-Use a password or PIN with a minimum of 4 characters to log onto smartphones and tablets and 8 alpha and numeric characters for a Laptop.
-Have lock screen set to 10 minutes or less with a password required to unlock the device
-Configurations must be set to delete all data or lock after 10 unsuccessful attempts to enter a password or PIN. Lockout period must be no less than 30 minutes.
-Additional policy details will be discussed during orientation and training.
All offers are contingent on successfully passing background and criminal history checks as required by federal and state law or by IRC policy. All interns are required to hold an Arizona State Level One fingerprint clearance card.
-SUMMER: Minimum 15 hrs/wk for 3 months
-FALL/SPRING: Minimum 15 hrs/wk for 14 weeks
-Primary availability during IRC business hours (M-F; 9:00am-5:00pm)
(Preference given to applicants able to make multi-term commitment)