Requisition ID: req46624
Job Title: Senior Procurement Officer
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Deadline: 16 November 2023
Salary: USD 1,800 plus USD 50 as a Transportation Allowance
The Syria crisis is often described as the worst humanitarian catastrophe since the end of the Cold War. Today, 13.4 million people in Syria - more than half of the country's population - are in need of humanitarian assistance with needs increasingly being exacerbated by economic decline. Of these, 6.8 million are refugees and asylum-seekers who have fled the country. This is no short-term humanitarian episode. The devastating human consequences to huge numbers of people will endure for decades. The destruction of relationships, communities, livelihoods, homes and infrastructure will take years to repair.
IRC is offering a robust humanitarian response to the Syria crisis a rapidly expanding portfolio, supported by more than 1000+ staff in Syria Country Program. IRC is undertaking programs in Syria and the neighboring countries of Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon and Jordan in the fields of health, child protection, early childhood development, education, womens protection and empowerment, non-food items and food distribution, cash assistance, water and sanitation, protection and rule of law, and livelihood programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The primary objective of the position is to support the Supply Chain function in developing world-class procurement practices to improve program support.
It requires the occupant to have a deep understanding of humanitarian supply chains including but not limited to need assessment, sourcing, buying, and expediting procurements.
Success of this role requires close collaboration with field staff, country leadership, program teams, and GSC Quality Assurance.
- Perform Market Analyses by collecting, organizing, and analyzing market data and financial reports and monitoring Supply Market to ensure price quotations and Supplier offers are authentic and reasonable.
- Develop procurement plans for active grants, in collaboration with program Coordinators/Managers and internal and external partners to support program implementation.
- Coordinate with Logistics staff to ensure that there is sufficient space in warehouses before sending program supplies to the field sites and ensure smooth crossing of international procurement orders.
- Implement all IRC procurement Standard Operating Procedures to ensure compliance to IRC and donors procurement policies.
- Work with requesters to develop comprehensive purchase specification.
- Work with requesters on proposing proper bids evaluation criteria, depending on the nature of the goods or services being procured.
- Maintain accurate procurement data and records and ensure on time procurement reporting.
- Review procurement documents before payment
- Lead the bidding process, including Request for quotation process, Request for proposal process, Tender evaluation and facilitating procurement committee functioning.
- Develop and implement category sourcing strategy.
- Set negotiation objectives conduct negotiations with potential suppliers to ensure value for money.
- Prepare, review, and apply Procurement contracts, including Master Agreements (MPA, MSA) to ensure favorable Procurement Terms and Conditions
- Set key performance indicators and service level agreements for contracts.
- Monitor contract implementation to ensure suppliers adherence to contract terms and conditions.
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate procurement report(s) to support decision-making process.
- Implement and sustain segregation of duties in procurement and other related functions.
- Ensure proper tracking of contracts end dates and execute renewals in a timely manner.
- Maintain mutually healthy relationships with suppliers.
- Conduct Supplier performance reviews and feedback process and maintain up to date and accurate supplier performance scorecards.
- Develop suppliers for continuous value adding procurement.
- Maintain supplier data base and preferred supplier list.
Compliance and Legal
- Conduct procurement due diligence, including ATC check, supplier site visits, supplier background checks and implement any other fraud prevention methods.
- Conduct self-assessments of conformance to supply chain policies, procedures, controls, and performance.
- Provide complete documents for audit and implement Corrective and/ or preventive action Plans (CAPA)
- Identify, document and on time report any IRC procurement process deviations following the mechanism in place for appropriate follow up.
- Develop and support implementation of improvement plans to maximize efficiency.
- Provide constructive support to other functions to ensure effective compliance to policies & procedures.
- Maintain proper records of the procurement file and ensure following the standard procurement filing system.
Staff Management and Development:
- Provide face to face and remote orientation to newly hired procurement staff.
- Support procurement manager in developing training materials for new procurement joiners.
- Deliver basic and generic training for new joiners from programs.
- Co-ordinate training and maintain training records in the dedicated procurement folders.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in handling humanitarian supply chain
- Previous experience in an emergency or conflict-afflicted setting is required.
- Confirmed ability to develop and roll-out supply chain policy and SOPs.
- Experience working with a diverse portfolio of Donors and knowledge of specific donor guidelines.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- A commitment to IRCs mission, vision, values, and IRC Way Professional Code of Conduct.
- Credible written, presentation and verbal communication skills; ability to convey information effectively.
- Validated sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to handle complex situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a solid ability to promote harmonious/cohesive teamwork, in a cross-cultural context.
- Validated ability to plan long-term, organize priorities and work under administrative and programmatic pressures with detail orientation and professional patience.
- Highly collaborative and resourceful; ability to establish positive working relationships with senior level management and all other partners to maximize cooperation and productivity.
- Curiosity, a desire to continually learn and develop and a sense of humor is a must.
- Analytical ability in creating effective solutions to complex matters while adhering to labor laws and internal policies.
- English is required, while Arabic and Turkish are desired.
- Travel: Possible travel to field sites in Northwest Syria as well as attending regional and global workshops/ meetings.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to:Supply Chain Coordinator
Position directly supervises: Procurement Officers
Key Internal Contacts: Regular relationships with regional and country Supply Chain staff at all levels, Field Director Deputy Director of Operations and Project Coordinators/Mangers. Actively participate in global and regional supply chain, conferences, and leading sessions as required.
Key External Contacts:May Serve as IRC Supply Chain representative in outside meetings, other non-governmental organizations, inter-agency groups and foundations.
Professional Standards: IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way Global Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, IRC operates and carries out policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Workplace Harassment, Respect at Work Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Returning National Candidates: We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a citizen of the Country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, the Middle East Region has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing, and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply. IRC strives to attract, motivate, and retain qualified national staff in our programs.
Accountability to Clients: IRC staff must adhere to the commitment of contributing to the sustainability and development of its (CR) Client Responsiveness Mechanisms, preserving the culture of prioritizing the needs of our clients and affected communities by systematically listening to their perspectives and using their feedback to make programmatic decisions and give them greater influence over program design and delivery.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Diversity and Inclusion: at IRC MENA, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Organizations that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, nationality, and perspective are validated to be better organizations. More importantly, creating a safe workspace environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best is the right thing to do. So, bring your whole self to work.
IRC is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, respectful and safe work environment where all persons are treated fairly, with dignity and respect. In keeping with our core values of Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality, IRC strives to maintain a work environment built on mutual respect in which all individuals treat each other professionally, and free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. IRC expressly prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or bullying of IRC Persons in any work setting. All IRC staff, wherever they are located, are accountable for creating an environment free of discrimination, harassment, bullying, and retaliation.