TheInternational Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the worlds worst humanitariancrises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933,the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forcedto flee from war or disaster.
The IRC has been working in Ukraine since March 2023, and provideshumanitarian assistance to IDPs and people affected by the war in Ukraine andneighbouring countries.
Specific responsibilities include:
- The safe and efficient transportation of IRC personnel and materials.
- The care and maintenance of IRC vehicles and their accessories.
- The representation of IRC in a professional manner.
- Thorough knowledge of road rules and regulations.
- Good knowledge of the operation and components of vehicle (incl. 4x4s and vehicles with manual gear).
- Safe driving skills.
- Skills in routine vehicle maintenance.
- Knowledge (or ability to quickly learn) of HF, VHF and satellite communications equipment.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
- Able to carry out limited, un-supervised tasks.
- Drivers must display an attitude and behavior that reflects well on both themselves and the IRC.
- Strict adherence to the IRCs vehicle policies and procedures, including the use of seatbelts by all passengers.
- Daily and pre-long distance vehicle checks.
- Accurate upkeep of the vehicles log sheet.
- Maintaining the vehicle clean, fueled and mechanically sound.
- Inspecting and maintaining all vehicle accessories.
- Advising the Fleet manager of pending inspections, insurance renewal or any defects or problems.
- Valid driving license.
- Minimum two years work as a professional driver.
- No road safety-related fines or convictions.
- Spoken English is highly desirable.
- Able to pass IRC driving test.
- Basic computer skills.
The International Rescue Committee is determined toprotect the people it serves and staff from all kinds of harm, including sexualexploitation, abuse, and harassment. It is committed to take all necessarypreventive measures and create an environment where people feel safe. IRC buildsdiverse and inclusive teams of professionals who promote critical reflection,power sharing, debate, and objectivity to deliver the best possible services toour clients.
IRC workers must adhere to the core values andprinciples outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality andAccountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates andenforces its safeguarding policies to protect adult and child clients from anyform of exploitation and abuse, including sexual exploitation and abuse, andits staff from sexual harassment and violence.
Where misconduct is alleged, IRC follows a Zerotolerance approach and takes all necessary actions and corrective measures. IRCinvestigation unit comprises of experts and trained investigators that ensuresprofessional survivor-centered investigations are conducted if allegations ofsafeguarding violations are reported through the safe and accessible reportingchannels that IRC makes available to its staff, partners, and clients.
These commitments are set out in IRCs SafeguardingPolicies, accessible in English and in Ukrainian language via this link: https://rescue.box.com/v/irc-safeguarding-policies.
IRC is an active member of the Inter-Agency Task Forceon Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) set-up in Ukraine.