Are you ready to pursue an exciting opportunity with a progressive humanitarian organisation in a senior management role? Would you thrive working in one of the worlds most challenging humanitarian regions, the Middle East?
Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council is a leading humanitarian agency pursuing our mandate to protect and promote durable solutions to displacement-affected populations based on humanitarian principles. DRC applies a regional approach with operational presence in Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey & Yemen with a Middle East Regional Office (MERO) based in Amman, Jordan, which has 30 staff. Overall in the region DRC Middle East has more than 1,800 staff and an operating budget of USD 120 million.
About the job
Under the direct management of DRC Regional Supply Chain Manager, Driver / Administration Assistant will be responsible for the safety of passengers and the maintenance of assigned vehicles through safe driving practices and proactive preventative vehicle maintenance; as well as assist with administrative task as listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for any vehicle (s)he is driving, transporting authorized DRC personnel on official duties. This includes collecting materials and supplies
- Drive the passengers safely, keeping in mind the safety of passengers and belongings
- Assist passengers in loading and unloading official belongings
- Ensure Fill-out the vehicle logbooks
- Support all go green initiative including any recycle activities or tasks
- Be responsible for DRC vehicle(s) being representative and clean (interior as well as exterior) at all times
- Perform regular general vehicle checks (engine oil, brake oil, tire pressure, wiper fluid, radiator fluid, etc.)
- Ensure vehicle equipment and tools are clean and in place
- Follow up and keep clean tracking of the fuel voucher and cards and report to the relevant staff when due
- Complete and register the tracking information in the assigned trackers using MS excel/ SharePoint, etc
- Respect national driving laws
- Other relevant tasks given by the Regional Supply Chain Manager
- Assist the Admin Officer with arranging hotel bookings for visitors when needed
- Assist the Admin Officer with coordinating staff visas, work permit, and residency permit, including but not limited to submitting and following up on application status with related governmental entities
- Support the Admin Officer in coordinating events, meetings, and trainings when needed
- Assist the Admin Officer in monitoring stock levels of supplies and stationery to identify the required supplies for the office and guesthouse
- Assist in coordinating/arranging requests from the correct contracted suppliers when needed
- Assist the Admin Officer in coordinating airport pick-up and drop-off arrangements for staff/ visitors when needed
- Assist the Admin Officer with printing, scanning, and archiving of admin related documents
- Assist Admin officer in managing the guest house logistical matters
- Update relevant tracking sheets such as but not limited to (flight tickets sheet, phone bill sheets, visa application sheets, etc.)
- Any other related tasks requested by the supervisor
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- At least (1) year experience in similar job, preferably in an NGO setting
- At least (2) years of driving experiences preferably with INGO
- Experience with using Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience working with expatriates in an international company or an NGO
- Experience in filing and archiving
- Valid driving license (Jordanian driving license category 4)
- Diploma or equivalent professional qualification
- Criminal clearance certificate
- Proficient in spoken and written English and Arabic
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRCs five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRCs values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: (12) months
Start date: As soon as possible
Duty station: Amman
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Councils Terms of Employment for Expatriates or Nationals. This position will be placed at Non-Management (I) band.
Allapplicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: November 16th, 2023
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, DRC reserves the right of conducting tests and
interviews before the closing date, and can close the advertisement earlier in case of finding a
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.