Requisition ID: req46523
Job Title: National Research Co-Investigator- Qualitative (Retainership) - ( Afghan Nationals Only )
Sector: Monitoring & Evaluation
Employment Category: Occasional
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Work Arrangement: In-person
The National Research Co-Investigator- Qualitative will work together with the IRCs Airbel and AQBE Project Management Unit to support the design and delivery of the following AQBE research deliverables over the 5-year project period:
- Rapid Education Risk Analysis (RERA): annualized surveys, including FGDs, KIIs, undertaken to understand the key barriers and enabling factors to safe access for all learners in the targeted AQBE provinces. RERAs will utilize a standard USAID toolkit developed to understand risk and mitigation factors to reduce risk around safe access to quality education.
- Household Assessment: baseline, midline and endline assessments, including the use of IRCs AMAL Toolkit (Annual Monitoring of Afghan Learning). These assessments will take place in a sampling of targeted households and communities across eight AQBE provinces and will include: adapted EGRA and EGMA; adapted Social Emotional Learning (SEL) questionnaires, and household demographic surveys. For the baseline surveys, the consultant is expected to provide recommendations/evidence to IRCs Airbel and AQBE MERL Lead in as far as whether the project should adopt a standard baseline or a rolling baseline.
- Transition Assessments: will be designed and undertaken in Y3 and Y5 of AQBE programming, with the intention of measuring transition for CBE learners into public schools, as well as evaluating the causal factors for successful transitions of learners, in eight supported AQBE provinces.
- 7-10 years of research experience in the related field, with a specific expertise in Qualitative Research analysis
- Masters or PHD degree in the field of Education or research methods.
- Experience with primary data collection (FGDs) and analysis (tool development, testing, validation).
- Experience with qualitative data analysis and reporting.
- Experience with qualitative data collection training and oversight of enumerators.
- Experience in education context in Afghanistan.
- Experience working in Afghanistan and knowledge of education and child protection actors and systems in Afghanistan.
- Experience with local working languages of Afghanistan (Dari & Pashto).
- Written and spoken English skills.
Compliance with Policies
- Compliance with the IRC WAY (our standards for professional conduct) is a responsibility shared by all involved in delivering on the IRCs mission. We must abide by the IRC Way and Safeguarding Policies all the time.
- The IRC has zero tolerance approach to the IRC Code of Conduct including safeguarding violations being committed by its staff, consultants, contractors, volunteers, interns, suppliers, vendors, sub-grantees/partners, implementing partners or any other associate.