Requisition ID: req46526
Job Title: Finance Officer - Anbar
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Ramadi, Iraq
The International Rescue Committee responds to the worlds worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC established programs in Iraq in 2003 to address the overwhelming needs of displaced people in Iraq and the neighboring countries. Since re-establishing its presence in Iraq in November 2007, the IRC has been assisting thousands of internally displaced families in the northern, central, and southern governorates in the sectors of protection, gender-based violence (GBV), education, economic recovery, Child Protection, and emergency humanitarian assistance. Working in coordination with the humanitarian community in Iraq, the IRC's assistance and emergency programs address the needs of war-affected Iraqi internally displaced persons (IDPs) and Syrian refugees from several operational bases in the country and include both camp-based and urban-based assistance. IRC operates throughout Iraq, with the main office in Erbil and field offices in, Baghdad, Kirkuk, Anbar, and Mosul.
Job Overview/Summary:Under supervision of the Area Coordinator, The Finance Officer takes the lead in providing finance and accounting management and finance function of the field offices. He/She will supervise Finance assistant and will also be member of the field management team.
1)Finance, Grants andAccounting:
- Provide supervision to Baghdad office finance staff, on a regular basis including traine and support on matters related to grants, contracts and budgets.
- Review field offices of Ramadi and Baghdad, accounting procedures to ensure they are in compliance with IRC policy and various donor rules and regulations.
- Review cash/bank spreadsheet originating from the Ramadi& Baghdad field offices before it is loaded to SUN Ensuring that uploads are complete, accurate and agree with cash and bank reconciliations.
- Work with the country Office finance to identify any matters arising in the monthly finance reports and ensure that appropriate action is taken.
- Review and consolidate field cash transfer request then submit to Erbil Finance.
- Manage all aspects of day to day operations of the finance and accounting in Ramadi and Baghdad field office.
- Lead in implementation of Finance policies, procedures and systems in Ramadi and Baghdad Field office.
- Inform relevant staff of any new updates on donor rule and regulations related to finance
- Represent finance on grant opening and close out meetings
- Work with the grants unit to ensure that all donor related information is disseminated to field based program and logistics staff to enable them abide by donor rules and regulations ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines.
- Review all payment documents according to Authorization Matrix.
- Promote cooperative professional relations between finance and other program and support staff, especially in relation to the provision of finance services and support.
- Ensure timely submission of Operations and Program cash forecasts and submit to Erbil.
- Review, with the objective of gaining a clear understanding, budget guidelines and instructions.
- Review funding allocations to enable proper guidance to program and proper coding.
- Day to day troubleshooting errors to avoid mistakes.
- Stamp all payments and the supporting documents as POSTED immediately after posting daily transactions on spreadsheets.
- Managing daily posting of Baghdad expenditures into spreadsheets and ensure mathematical accuracy, correctness of coding and existence of supporting documents in accordance with IRC policies and procedures.
- Maintain good relations with external partners.
- Assist with audit preparation, pulling out vouchers from box files, review before handing over to the auditors.
- Prepare monthly SPC allocation JV for Ramadi & Baghdad and submit to Erbil each month.
- Managing and paying IRC employee income taxes and Social Security each month for all South Central National Staff and coordinate with BGH finance assistant to process.
- Verify Cash counts done on weekly basis and ensure proper filing of the signed Cash Count sheets.
- In coordination with Area Coordinator -Budget and Planning discuss on a monthly basis Budget Versus Actual reports with relevant program staff. Ensure that key spending issues are discussed and appropriate action points are agreed.
- Ensure that any proposed adjusting entries are reviewed and acted upon within the month identified to avoid recurrence of the same issues.
- In coordination with the Area Coordinator Review and coordinate updating of field office-operating budget to ensure that it is up to date for all funding sources; that the costs are adequate in terms of completeness and reasonableness; that the field office has a plan for funding "gaps", if any
- In coordination with Area Coordinator and Erbil Finance Budget and Planning with grants and program staff on all budget realignments ensuring that the process is being done correctly taking into account the latest available information.
Train staff on IRC finance and budgeting process.
Train staff on Shared Program Cost allocation methodology, monthly cash projection and follow ups.
Train Field Program managers on how to monitor their budgets, code expenses and the proper use of T3's and T2's.
Support the team in Ramadi and Baghdad sub-offices on managing petty cash for sub-offices operation and monthly salary payments
Perform other duties, as needed and/or requested by the supervisor.
4)Staff Management and Development
Coach, train, and mentor staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance
Supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual performance reviews.
Provide constructive feedback and counsel on appropriate career paths and professional development.
Promote and monitor staff care and well-being; approve and manage all leave requests to ensure adequate coverage.
Offer leadership support for successful adherence by staff to IRCs Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Ramadi & Baghdad Area Coordinator
Position directly supervises: Baghdad Finance Assistant
Indirect Reporting: Finance Manager in Erbil Office
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Operation and Programs
External: Local authorities and banks
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or any relevant
Work Experience: Two years experience in finance, supply chain, grants, contracts, or budget management area of a nonprofit organization;
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
Language Skills: Arabic and English
Certificates or Licenses:
Practical experience of working with various donors is recommended. Donors include USAID, DFID, World Bank, EU, UNICEF, UNDP etc.
- Excellent computer skills, primarily Word, Excel and accounting packages
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Per the Iraqi Ministry of Health COVID-19 guidelines, IRC requires candidates who are selected for positions to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter IRC premises. However, the exemption is only accepted per the Iraqi Health regulation and upon the provision of a negative PCR test.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy, and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to firstname.lastname@example.org.
( ) .