Plan International Indonesia has been operating since 1969, and in 2017 Yayasan Plan International Indonesia (YPII) was established as Plan International's national entity in Indonesia. YPII is part of Plan International, an independent and humanitarian development organization that promotes children's rights and equality for girls. YPII is currently implementing Country Strategy 5 (CS 5) covering fiscal years 2023 to 2027, where the country's goals are in line with the global International Plan Goals "to advance children's rights and equality for girls". Our ambition is to enable at least 3 million girls and young women to learn (gain skills for work), lead (empower to act on issues that matter to them), decide (have control over their own lives and bodies), and thrive (grow healthy and protected from violence). This means that we will take action to identify and facilitate the removal of barriers that prevent children, especially girls, and young women from enjoying their rights and participating fully in Indonesian society. This goal will be achieved by implementing quality programmes and projects and influencing key decision makers and stakeholders to make the necessary changes.
The Procurement Officer must ensure proper general procurement management as per policies and procedures. He/she will execute the procurement process with a transparent and accountable approach and proper management contracts and lease. This role will also regularly monitor for any outstanding commitment on SAP System, maintain relationship with vendors, and organize procurement lead time and lead the process.
The Procurement Officer will focus on the general day-to-day procurement activities to ensure proper program and sponsorship implementations and deliveries, operational efficiency, and compliance with donor’s and Plan International policies and procedures. He/she will report to the Procurement Coordinator.
1. Purchasing/Procurement Management
- Ensure that Procurement systems and procedures are used in the delivery of the Procurement services
- In liaison with Procurement Coordinator oversees open and closed tender procedures and performs bid analysis together with the Tender Committee and minutes well filed.
- Execute of procurement process requested by projects, Completeness of procurement documents and evaluation of selection process.
- Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that POs are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Execute monthly check of open PO’s in SAP and prepare corrective action in liaison with Procurement Coordinator.
- Maintain and update the supplier database which is able to adequately serve the needs of the country program at all levels in liaison with Procurement Coordinator.
- Conduct training for the projects staff on Procurement in absent of Procurement Coordinator.
- Prepare Request for Quotation/Proposal/Document Package Tender/Invitation and submit for reviewing to Procurement Coordinator
2. Vendor Maintenance
- Ensure the market survey is regularly conducted to identify potential suppliers to ensure value for money through right sourcing of goods and services in line with the business demands in liaison with Procurement Coordinator for pre-qualified supplier
- Maintain and update vendor list and procurement catalogue on monthly basis.
- Conduct periodical vendor evaluation and prepare feedback form.
- Prepare vendor questionnaire form and vendor visit form
- Conduct Procurement procedure, Safe Guarding & code of conduct policy for all vendors.
3. Reporting & Data Management
- Support Procurement Coordinator in preparing report of procurement progress on monthly basis
- Oversee open PO’s report in SAP BI and make correction on the erroneous.
- Update the procurement tracker to the Procurement Coordinator
- Prepare vendor evaluation report on monthly basis and report to Procurement Coordinator
- Update agreement tracker
- Create, update and share monthly Project purchase tracking reports with the requesters and budget holders
- Maintains records of all purchases, agreements, and contracts and ensures regular updates where necessary.
- Follow up and ensures that all outstanding purchase orders are delivered by the due date.
4 4. Project Support
- Support Project implementation through efficient and effective procurement of goods and services. This includes monitoring procurement spending, lead times, and procurement status
- Assist the Project Manager for preparing the project Procurement Plans
- Provide technical services to project team during drafting of project specific supply plans for the Project in conjunction with all partners
- Supports and implements strategic partnerships with Suppliers for the supply of goods and services for the purpose of quality program implementation;
5. Assets Management
- Coordinate with Logistics Country Office to ensure Project assets are coded and registered as per policy requirements, and ensure timely updated fixed asset register
- Provide Information for audit needs.
- Coordinate and ensure all contracts capture the best interest of the Plan International and donor
- Ensure all policy documents for Plan International are included, these include, the Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy, Anti-corruption and Anti-Terrorism Policy.
- Ensure all Project contracts are timely reviewed, approved and signed in accordance to RACI Matrix
7. Support of Project Budgets and Contribute to the Budgeting Process.
- Support the Project during the annual and project budget process in terms of providing information on procurement goods and the prices
- Support in the preparation of the Project budget at the end of the financial year
Performs other tasks that may be assigned by the Procurement Coordinator
9. Safeguarding Children and Young People (PSHEA)
- Carrying out YPII Safeguarding principles and standards can be applied in every scope of work, providing goods and services for all program and operational needs of the organization (for example: screening prospective vendors/consultants before signing contracts ensuring all vendors/consultants managed by the Procurement team have received safeguarding session, Review and ensure all documents include risk analysis and mitigation documents, evidence of having received a brief/induction session on each submission for the payment process in the procurement list, there are safeguarding documents signed by the consultant/vendor, conduct a regular assessment to response vendors/consultants regarding their commitment to safeguarding, etc.)
- Committed to building professionalism, a culture of protection, prevention of violence, and the attitude to have the courage to report any form of violence against children and program participants and participate in regular evaluations through the Annual Appraisal related to safeguarding with supervisors
- Completed in face-to-face induction and/or Safeguarding training and refresher training through the Plan Academy platform and promptly recertify.
- Logistics & Procurement Manager; Supervisor
- Procurement Coordinator; Direct Supervisor
- Finance Department; Payment process
- Admin & Logistic Coordinator, Admin Officer; Coordination.
- Program Manager; Dotted line
- Project Staff; Coordination
- L&P PSO & PIA Office; Coordination
- Communication; Coordination
- IT; Coordination
- Safety & Security Coordinator
- Vendors; maintain relationship
- Partners; check compliance
- Bachelor degree in Management, Economic, Administration or any related field.
- Minimum (3) years of progressive NGO experience in procurement, contract management, administration or related area
- Knowledge of SAP or any other procurement software will be an added advantage
- Strong planning and organizing
- Good knowledge of purchasing and tender management
- Knowledge on clausal of contract, agreement or MoU
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- English fluency
- Solid proficiency in using computer software
- Strong presentation, team-building and interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Operate in a high-pressure deadline-driven environment with professionalism
- Strict reporting deadlines
- Working with the project team and ensure project results are achieved timely without compromising quality
- Good command over conflict resolution while maintaining important relationships: Capability to resolve conflicts
- Plan and schedule own work and selecting appropriate methods/tools for delivery.
- Understanding of data privacy standards
Yayasan Plan International Indonesia's Values in Practice: LET'S ACT
We strive to achieve a significant and sustainable impact on the lives of children and young people, especially children and young women from marginalized groups.
Equal, inclusive, empowering
We respect everyone, value differences, and promote equality across our programs and workplaces.
Transparent and accountable
We create a climate of work and partnership that is trusting, honest, transparent and accountable for the decisions we make and the impact our work has on our stakeholders.
Smart and lifelong learning
Every time, there are new things we can learn, so we are eager to seek knowledge that benefits ourselves and the organization.
Adaptive and innovative
We realize that existing problems and future challenges cannot always be solved with a conventional mindset, so we continue to innovate to seek breakthroughs.
We collaborate with various parties, both internal and external, based on good faith and partnership principles applicable within the organization to achieve common goals.
Take Measurable Risks
We recognize that risk is part of decision making, so daring to take measurable risks is the key for us to keep moving forward to be at the forefront and ahead.
Based at CO, office with at least 20% travel to PSO, PIA and projects areas, vendor offices and partner organization both in office, on the field and during humanitarian settings.
Low contact: Rarely interaction with children
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. Please submit your letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae in English by apply now not later than Nov 20th, 2023.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy (PSHEA).
As an international child centred community development organisation, Yayasan Plan International Indonesia is fully committed to promoting the realisation of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse.
Our organisation is based on a culture of inclusivity . We strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team in every office and country is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organisational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.