We support peace and prosperity by building connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and countries worldwide.
We work directly with individuals to help them gain the skills, confidence and connections to transform their lives and shape a better world in partnership with the UK. We support them to build networks and explore creative ideas, to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Working with people in over 200 countries and territories, we are on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 202122 we reached 650 million people.
Carry out day-to-day activities pertaining to exams financial operations activities and financial data analysis for planning activities.
Assist the country exams team and core finance teams with administration and financial management of exams products.
Provide support in day-to-day activities pertaining to taxation administration for the Exams department
- Responsible for preparing and executing monthly and yearly closing procedures by posting revenue and expenditure accruals and deferrals in the period of activity. Ensure period end results are in line with plan / forecast and provide variance analysis where required.
- Ensure financial transactions and documents are recorded in files and folders with appropriate indexing and naming for management reporting and audit tracking.
- Support in internal and external audit review by furnishing appropriate documentary evidences, approvals and explanations within close timelines.
- Manage accounts receivable and aged debt recovery by invoicing, tracking and maintaining follow-up correspondence with various local and international business partners for any exam conducted on credit.
- Process board invoice payables to UK exam boards by performing invoice reconciliation and verification in coordination with exams operations teams.
- Process exams refunds to candidates along with other off-system vendor payments by correctly following existing SOPs and ensure due diligence.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting Cash Flow Forecast on a monthly basis, along with explanations of variance with actuals and possible reasons for re-forecasting future months in order justify adjustments made.
- Process petty cash replenishments for out-reach offices and monitor cash reserves.
- Support in monthly computation of direct / indirect taxes and preparation of tax package for reporting
- Support in preparation of tax refunds annual corporate tax and monthly sales tax returns.
- Support in ensuring timely tax reporting, tax provisions and other internal or external tax related requirements
- Provide support to Financial Controller in setting up and reporting applicable FCCF controls and period end checklist.
- Responsible for nation-wide exams revenue recognition and recording journal entries in SAP
- Prepare periodic revenue reconciliation reports for each exam product and give revenue assurance against exam conducted with sign off from management.
Relationship & stakeholder management
- Close co-ordination with Exams operations, procurement, business development and BSS teams and exam boards
Risk & compliance
- Provides support and reporting for audits and performance reviews.
- Follows agreed corporate risk management processes and procedures when delivering services
- The post holders must ensure that his/her behaviour is in line with child protection code of conduct with interacting with children.
- Number of positions: 1
- Employment Type: FTC One Year
- Location: Pakistan Karachi Pakistan
- Grade: 4
- Deadline to receive applications: 20th of November 2023 (23:59 Central Gulf Time)
Please note that all applications should be submitted in English only.
It is advisable to apply in advance to avoid any technical issues at the last moment.
Any queries please reach out to Anshul Gupta - Regional Resourcing Specialist MENA and South Asia (email@example.com)
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion(EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council iscommitted to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Councils Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ASK HR email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.