With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Strategic Leadership and management
- Responsible for the overall planning, implementation and management of the program as well as the achievement of the goals and objectives of the program in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure strong communication and coordination with all teams technical and operations to effectively achieve program objectives.
- Lead the planning of program activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, World Vision (WV) regulations, best practices and donor guidelines/agreed commitments.
- Design strategies, partnerships and interventions to guarantee the program takes gender and inclusion principles into consideration and that WV and implementing partners/stakeholders are accountable to participants.
- Primary point of contact and collaboration for the team, support office and in-country stakeholders, including government partners and other key stakeholders.
- The Director should embrace the shared Kenyan vision for the program and effectively manage available financial and human resources to make that vision a reality.
- Oversee a communication plan that ensures clear and consistent messaging on program impact.
Strategic Engagement, Donor and External Relations
- Direct and oversee grant implementation, ensuring that all strategic objectives are met through proper design, staffing, implementation and quality assurance
- Represent the program and World Vision to donors, Government of Kenya, UN agencies, implementing, technical partners and other appropriate bodies.
- Ensure effective liaison with local government officials, local communities, donor representatives and other stakeholders as appropriate
- Constantly look for more effective and efficient implementation and opportunities to increase impact.
Monitoring, Reporting, Documentation & Knowledge Management
- Establish and maintain effective program reporting, evaluation, and communication systems.
- Submit timely accurate and quality reports that meet support office and donor requirements
- Document and disseminate program best practices, lessons learnt and success stories; capturing program impact.
- Oversee program evaluations working to ensure consultants are providing quality products
- Manage grant/program budget within approved spending levels and ensure accurate and timely financial reports to donors and World Vision.
- Ensure grant/program expenses are reasonable, allocated as per assigned budget, prudent and spent in accordance with donor/SO rules and regulations to ensure low risk audits.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Masters degree in social sciences, social work, management, business administration, or a related field
- 7 years of experience in a senior role leading a complex technical service delivery program of similar scope and dollar value.
- 7 years of demonstrated experience in partnership building, especially with government representatives, donors, the private sector, and local community organizations.
- Experience in an integrated child protection program or multi-sectoral programs
- Proven ability to manage and integrate teams of professionals around common goals
- Experience working with diverse teams across varying time zones.
- Demonstrated experience in working with sector professionals, ministries and other key in country players in country.
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to maintain poise and professionalism under pressure.
- Past experience of working with large grants and knowledge of financial rules and regulations at a senior level.
- Experience in developing program work-plans, budgets, managing implementation, staff and short-term technical assistance.
- Excellent performance track record
- Experience in integrating teams of professionals around common goals and motivating through visionary leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results and meet all donor deliverables.Ability to mentor staff
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills,
- Excellent Relational skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including TEAMS
- Keen understanding of the unique political dynamics of the country and ability to work carefully and collaboratively to support the various political entities in Kenya
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only