With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
We are seeking a strategic, innovative, dynamic, visionary and highly skilled Senior Director responsible forenvisioning, leading and executing cross-Partnership workstreams to position World Vision as a global thought leader in child rights and to drive an organization-wide culture shift on the use of data for evidence-based decision-making and continuous improvement. This role, orchestrating Support Office, Field Office stakeholders, Regional Office, Global Centre and will assess stakeholder evidence needs and align and package programmatic data and research (both completed and ongoing) to support stakeholder goals for influence, impact, and income. This position will also be responsible for developing the vision, underlying evidence base, and communication approach for the achievements of Our Promise and related initiatives (such as the Innovation Challenge) to disseminate accomplishments and learning across the Partnership. It is expected that through this work the Senior Director will facilitate a culture of senior leadership reflection on evidence results to support course correction and adaptive management The Senior Director will manage a team that, apart from research engagement, will build out a Partnership-level Knowledge Management vision, capability and execution plan to support the above-mentioned goals.Set the strategic vision and drive execution of the following high-level workstreams: Evidence of Impact Dissemination and Utilization Agenda; Partnership Research Agenda; Our Promise Impact and Learning Approach , and the Innovation Challenge Strategic Engagement Plan.
To support these workstreams, this role will envision and execute a WVI Knowledge Management strategy that facilitates utilization of evidence for management decision-making and continuous improvement.
Evidence of Impact Dissemination and Utilization Agenda
- Lead and execute a Partnership-wide Evidence of Impact Dissemination and Utilization Strategy. This will require a detailed knowledge of World Visions evidence systems, and combined with agile SO/GC/RO/FO stakeholder engagement and ongoing feedback loops, ensure that concrete evidence products are delivered as per stakeholder demand.
- Develop a technical branding plan to raise WVs external public profile and influence in child rights through participation in conferences, speaking engagements, and thought leadership platforms.
Partnership Research Agenda (separate but part of the Evidence of Impact Dissemination and Utilization Agenda)
- Conceptualize, lead and coordinate the Support Office/GC Evidence Strengthening Network (research leads throughout the Partnership) for research mapping, research collaboration, and mutual learning.
- Orchestrate an SO/GC/FO research agenda to support the Evidence of Impact Dissemination and Utilization Agenda. This will include mapping recently completed and ongoing research; consulting GC, SO, RO and FO stakeholders for needs related to newly- commissioned research and insights from completed research; orchestrate new research partnerships (as needed); and align research timelines with utilization demands from stakeholders.
Our Promise Impact and Learning Approach
- Drive strategy realization through defining and scoping of strategy evidence of impact; ensuring powerful data visualizations; and communicating evidence of strategy achievements to internal and external audiences.
Innovation Challenge Engagement Strategy
- Advise on evidence strategies for Innovation Challenge test and scale approaches to align with SO and FO income, influence and impact goals.
- Facilitate external innovation and research partnerships (USAID Development Innovation Ventures, etc.) as needed to communicate and amplify the impact and effectiveness of the Innovation Challenge
- Showcase the Innovation Challenge, breakthrough ideas, and their impact to effectively communicate the organization's innovation narrative of how World Vision increases child-level impact through our innovation.
- For all of the above high-level workstreams, lead the creation of high-quality content, including reports, presentations, newsletters, videos to effectively communicate the organization's strategy, strategic initiatives, partnership wide evidence of impact products and innovation efforts. Collaborate with internal teams, external partners, and vendors to produce engaging and impactful products/content.
- Stay updated on emerging trends and best practices in the relevant areas.
- For the success of this role, it is critical to have a very strong collaboration, coordination, maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including Information Management (IM), Global Technology and Digital Solutions (GTD), Global Marketing & Communications (GMC) and Strategy Realization Evidence & Innovation (SREI) leaders.
Lead the development and implementation of a WVI Knowledge Management Strategy
- Assess current cross-Partnership knowledge management practices- and assets, stakeholder needs, and budgetary/financial and human resources.
- Develop a KM strategy, aligned with the above-mentioned Evidence of Impact, Our Promise, and Innovation Challenge Strategies, to support more dynamic evidence utilization for adaptive management.
- Lead the team to deliver systems and processes to capture, document, and organize critical assets and resources, knowledge, best practices, lessons learned, and innovative approaches.
- Ensure that: (1) resources and knowledge are accessible, searchable, and up-to-date for stakeholders across the Partnership; (2) KM standards are harmonized and facilitate efficiency in how information is stored and organized so that WVs impact evidence and research is easily located and utilized.
- Ensure effective functioning of Communities of Practice and key KM digital assets (WV Central, StoryHub, etc.).
- Promote a culture of knowledge sharing and collaboration within the organization. Facilitate the exchange of knowledge and information through various channels, such as internal communication platforms, knowledge repositories, communities of practice, and collaborative tools. Seek opportunities to leverage external expertise and networks to enhance organizational knowledge. Develop mechanisms to facilitate learning from experiences, both successes, and failures. Coordinate and support access to data to generate valuable insights and inform evidence-based decision-making.
- Lead and manage the team to achieve results.
Required Knowledge Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of senior leadership experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning; program quality; or management consulting.
- Proven leadership experience and solid team management skills
- Proven experience in strategic roles, setting the vision and direction of relevant units.
- Proven experience delivering effective, quality and innovative content, preferably evidence of impact.
- Proven ability to work in cross cultural contexts and with different and remote teams
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively engage and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven experience in stakeholder management across different layers of leadership
- Strong strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with effective communication of non-profit evidence of impact and social impact measurement.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and able to work independently as well as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience working in a field context.
- Understanding of institutional donor and external engagement dynamics
- Master's degree in the social sciences, knowledge management, information science, organizational development, or a related field.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel up to 30% of the time
- Proficiency in English language, both written and verbal
Preferred Knowledge Skills & Experience
- In depth understanding of non-profit evidence of impact content and knowledge management and practices
- In depth understanding of creating high quality innovative content
For positions filled in the United States, the typical salary range for this role is $ 106,512 to $ 133,140 USD. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, job level, internal equity and budget. Exact salary offers will be determined by factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, experience and geographic location.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only