WHO ARE WE?
TheDanish Refugee Councilassists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and whenever possible for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
ABOUT THE JOB
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
Responsible for all finance related tasks within geographical area of responsibility
Manage finance staff
Ensure compliance with the finance chapters of DRCs Operations Handbook
- Lead and manage the finance team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
- Support the development and implementation of financial management capacity building of staff
- In close cooperation with Managers in geographical area reinforce existing procedures and systems for financial management and control in compliance with guidelines of DRCs Operations Handbook, internal guidelines and donor requirements.
- Support timely delivery of quality financial reports to donors and internal reports to colleagues and HQ.
- Ensure compliance with relevant country statutory and other financial obligations such as tax, levies and statutory returns.
- Monthly financial briefings to relevant Manager.
- Ensure thorough and effective budgetary control in the country programs
- Liaise with relevant Managers on key financial issues for all programs in the country, including co-funding, financial reporting, key variances and any remedial action.
- Collecting cash forecasts from all Programme Managers and requesting funds in a timely manner.
- Maintain a continuous overview of funding levels and pay particular attention to shared support costs, including staff salaries.
- Ensure all required documentation for financial audits in cooperation with Coordination staff and HQ.
- Ensure monthly meetings are held with project managers to discuss key variances, reasons for these, and any remedial action that is required.
- Prepare for local audits.
- Contribute to the development of proposals with regards to budgeting in cooperation with Managers
- Any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
DRC Dynamics ERP system
- Ensure DRC Dynamics is used to its full capacity.
- Ensure proper application of ERP finance processes in the country.
- Apply reports and data analytics from ERP system to improve performance in the country.
- Ensure that Country ERP support is in place (i.e. super users)
As Manager the post-holder is responsible for the following:
- Accountable for achieving DRCs strategic goals and objectives within the area of responsibility.
- Accountable for making significant decisions on what the unit does: its purpose, functions and role, and for making commitments and decisions that require the expenditure of significant unit resources.
- Accountable for people management of direct reports, generally at least 3 employees.
- This includes hiring & firing, objective setting, probation, performance appraisal, development of staff, managing performance, including poor performance, etc.
Accountable for making sound decisions based on DRC policies, MOPs, standards, and the advice of technical experts in DRC.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- 8 years INGO or other international agencies experience in finance and operations management in international humanitarian set up, including demonstrated ability to set up operational management systems in a large Programme and direct experience of delivery of humanitarian Programme in an emergency response.
- Clear understanding of DRC Finance policies and Procedure.
- Proven experience in managing large budgets for multiple donors.
- Clear understanding of Donor restrictions and regulations.
- Extensive experience in financial reporting and knowledge of major donor rules including UNHCR, UNICEF, OCHA, WFP, ECHO, EC, DFID, DANIDA and USG.
- Post graduate degree in Financial/Business management, Public Administration, Social Sciences or other relevant fields. Addition Professional qualification such as ACCA or CPA is desired.
- Proficient in standard computer applications and various accounting and financial management software. Good knowledge Navision financial software will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills in English is required.
- Understanding Dari/Pashto language is a strong advantage.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DRC salary scale
How to apply
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the below apply button: