Requisition ID: req46470
Job Title: Case Aide
Sector: Social Work
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: USD 17.10 - 18.95 Hourly
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
Job Overview: The Case Aide provides trauma-informed services to refugees and other qualified immigrants to support a positive resettlement experience and the achievement of client self-sufficiency. The Case Aide carries out activities to meet individual client needs and preferences utilizing a broad range of financial, medical, social, vocational, and other services and resources in accordance with client eligibility and program requirements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Carry out timely pre- and post-arrival tasks to ensure each client has living essentials such as housing, food, medical care, and access to transportation, and is oriented to their new environment.
- Support efforts to link clients with appropriate educational, health, and social services.Assist clients to attain their established goals, address challenges, and utilize available resources.
- Detail client interactions in accordance with program requirements. Input client information in database(s) and assist with tracking and reporting as needed.
- Collaborate effectively with coworkers and partner organizations. Build and maintain relationships with area service providers for the benefit of clients.
- Use personal, insured vehicle and/or public transportation (where available) to travel and transport clients and materials as needed throughout the service delivery area.
- May provide interpretation services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma strongly preferred; Bachelors degree in social work or related field of study preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations preferred.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; proficiency in language(s) spoken by client group is desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research and problem-solving purposes.
- Valid drivers license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
- In accordance with Arizona State Law, must possess or be eligible to receive a fingerprint clearance card.
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and field time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- May require weekend and/or evening work.
Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way Global Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.