Purpose of Role:
To drive, coordinate and contribute to the development and implementation of customised policies, processes, and innovative solutions across the British Council IELTS Independent Test Centre (ITC) delivery partner network in UK & EU using current and new technologies that deliver a positive experience to prospects and customers.
The role will embed continuous service improvement initiatives ensuring that the Customer Service and Sales function delivers against its strategic customer goals and core KPIs across UK & EU. The post holder will implement infrastructural and technological solutions to support a holistic, agile, and robust customer-centric operation and manage region-specific projects, associated budgets, and resources. May also support in additional exams activity, including UKVI exams, depending on business requirements.
Delivery of a positive and consistent Customer Experience
- Be responsible for Customer Experience in UK & EU
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives to identify, report and manage business risks and service failure and to address issues respectively
- Ensure escalated comments and complaints are managed effectively and efficiently in line within the organisations Customer Management Framework
- Act as key point of contact between ITCs and British council teams in relation to customer service and customer experience
- Ensure changes in policy/procedures/escalation is clearly communicated to ITCs
- Improve the Exams customer experience by carrying out regular surveys to understand wants and needs of customers and devise action plans accordingly
- Design, organise, implement and evaluate mystery shopping campaigns on an annual basis in all test centres, identifying and implementing improvement plans as a result
- Collate data and information on pre-test, test day, and post-test customer experience
- Support independent test centres in running surveys in their venues, collate and report on results
- Manage enquiry data reporting with the aim of understanding top enquiries drivers and working on minimising them
- Manage reporting to internal/external clients and customers and to be responsible for reporting for agreed areas
- Share the findings of regular end-to-end customer journey mapping exercises, customer reviews and customer insights to enhance service propositions, and create competitive advantage through service quality
- Ensure clear roles and responsibilities across the customer journey and stakeholders
- Be the voice of the customer and customer service teams in all regional Exams projects
- Embed a customer engagement culture with clear roles and responsibilities
Manage specificcustomer experience projects, associatedbudgets and resources to ensure appropriate return on investment
- Contribute to the development of Exams projects and where required, lead projects for the UK & EU exams business and ensure that delivery and outcomes are in line with project management principles and standards
- Expand and embed the regional vision through ownership and management of initiatives like IELTS Counselling, specialisation, and sales conversion strategies
- Identify and manage project outcomes and benefits throughout the delivery of projects to ensure appropriate return on investment is achieved
- Identify, record and monitor risks, issues, dependencies and provide a single view to the regional and global teams
- Timely and accurate reporting of issues and risks as required and maintaining ownership of those issues through to resolution
- Provide ongoing support to ITCs and their teams, identifying systemic L&D requirements and working with regional and UK stakeholders to source solutions
- Contribute to analysis of M&E data, developing and implementing action plans to follow up on insights
- Where there are major change projects, ensure that change readiness assessments are completed on changes that will significantly impact staff and operations
Relationship and Stakeholder Management
- Identify key stakeholders and build a clear understanding of their needs and expectations
- Build relationships at all levels of the organisation: engage with IELTS Global and regional teams, Marketing and Business Development managers, test centre managers, and examinations customers UK & EU to ensure a clear and standardised approach to service delivery across the region
- Work within the Regional matrix to support and work across the Regional Sales and Customer Management teams, Regional Exams Centre Management and Country leadership.
- Proactively build and maintain external networks to remain informed and to apply best-in-class practice across the customer service and sales function.
- Acts as the Customer Management representative in project working groups as needed.
Finance and resource management
- Directly plan and control specific cost variables (rather than the total budget) to meet established targets, ensuring compliance with all relevant corporate financial systems and processes
- Using agreed financial procedures/templates, conducts monthly and year-end analysis and reporting on income and expenditure/profitability and risk/pipeline/actual performance versus plan targets.
Role specific knowledge and experience
- University Degree or degree-level (level 5 or above) qualification, and/or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in developing and implementing infrastructure and technology solutions which support business objectives
- Project management experience including in management of budgets and resources to support project implementation
- Management of competing priorities to deliver effective and efficient solutions in a staged way
- Significant experience in ongoing management of contracts,SLAs, and solution maintenance
Pay Band 7 / F
Contract Type Indefinite
Location United Kingdom, Poland, Czech Republic, Portugal, Romania, Greece and Bulgaria
Requirements Candidates must have the legal right to work inUnited Kingdom, Poland, Czech Republic, Portugal, Romania, Greece or Bulgaria
There will be no relocation package.
Closing Date 15th of November 2023