Requisition ID: req46439
Job Title: ERD MEAL Officer
Sector: Evaluation & Learning
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Yola, Nigeria
Work Arrangement: In-person
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution or natural disaster. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities where it resettles refugees and helps them become self-sufficient. Composed of first responders, humanitarian relief workers, international development experts, health care providers, and educators, the IRC has assisted millions of people around the world since its founding in 1933.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, under direct supervision of Economic Recovery and Development MEAL Manager, is responsible for the development and administration of high-quality Monitoring and Evaluation system for the Economic Recovery and Development sector. The position holder will provide technical oversight and direction on all monitoring and evaluation needs across ERD sector areas.
- In close coordination with ERD Manager, ERD MEAL Manager and Senior ERD Manager, conduct and ensure the on-time execution of projects major monitoring and evaluation events including but not limited to baseline survey, mid-term evaluation, final evaluation, data quality audit and field supervision.
- Collect, collate/organize, analyze, and report data for further improvement of program, reporting, and information sharing.
- Regularly develop and update M&E dashboards for all active ERD projects.
- Support the management of ERD M&E data for IRC annual statistics, reports, factsheets and SMT reports.
- Track progress against monitoring work plans.
- Coordinate the field level community participatory monitoring and evaluation, reflective practice, and impact measurement.
- Provide technical assistance to staff and partner organization on information management system, proper data collection and record keeping.
- Provide consistent, supportive supervision to strengthen staff performance as necessary to meet monitoring objectives.
- Update M&E plan timely and provide feedback to program staff on status and quality of implementation.
- Assist with monthly and/or quarterly performance indicator analysis, including generation of reports as well as presentations for staff related to on-going performance.
- Conduct regular data verification exercises to ensure reporting and collection of quality data.
- Actively participate in and contribute to M&E team activities, system assessments, development, and implementation of new systems and/or tools aimed at strengthening overall M&E practices at IRC Nigeria.
- Closely work with staff to ensure they follow correct procedures and criteria during beneficiary registration.
- Take part in the recruitment of enumerators and survey consultants.
- Provide M&E inputs for reports written during project implementation.
- Manage and maintain accurate Commcare online updates on projects under implementation.
- Produce analytical, timely and accurate M&E reports on weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly basis or as scheduled.
- Develop schedule for data collection and coordinate with the PM to ensure timely collection of data.
- Ensure program team collect high quality monitoring data timely manner collate/ organize data for reporting.
- Work closely with the program teams to conduct market assessments and produce reports.
- Undertake Post Distribution Monitoring of beneficiaries as scheduled.
- Train staff and enumerators on administration of various data collection tools related to project monitoring, baseline, and evaluations.
- Develop program factsheets and lessons learnt for sharing with wider stakeholders.
- Foster participatory planning and monitoring by training and involving primary stakeholder groups in the M&E of activities within the sector.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to:ERD MEAL Manager with technical oversight from the ERD Technical Coordinator
Position directly works with: ERD Livelihoods Officers, ERD/Livelihoods Assistants, Cash Officer
- Indirect Reporting:
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: M&E Senior Manager, ERD Manager, ERD Senior Manager
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics/Agricultural Economics, Computer Science, anthropology and Development Studies or related field required.
- Minimum of 2 progressive years of Monitoring and Evaluation and/or Research work with skills.
- Good understanding of ERD/Food Security sector indicators and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to write/produce quality reports.
- Experience in electronic data collection and management.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- A strong foundation in research methods, statistics, monitoring, and evaluation
- Strong technical skills in data analysis using advanced excel, STATA, SPSS and other statistical software.
- Strong capacity in the use of digital data collection applications (particularly, Commcare, Redrose collect, Kobo Collect, ODK etc.)
- Ability to design and manage interactive dashboards using advanced Excel, Power BI, Tableau
- Demonstrated understanding of intermediate and advanced statistics and the ability to summarize generalize and make predictions from large data sets.
- Communication experience and skilled in qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies and techniques
- Demonstrated experience in data cleaning and transformation.
Demonstrated Management/Leadership Competencies:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly assess priorities and effectively manage a variety of activities at a time while paying appropriate attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with staff and project stakeholders.
- Fluency in English Language (written and oral) required.
- Good knowledge of Hausa Language or Kanuri will be considered.
Certificates or Licenses:
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite and experience or
- Strong knowledge of CommCare, Kobocollect, or ODK applications
- Good knowledge and skills in Infographics
The position will be based in Yola, Adamawa State. The security situation in Adamawa is relatively stable with periodic tensions. All IRC offices are provided with internet facilities and there is a reliable mobile telecommunication network in Borno.
Ability to Travel: 30% of time.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons, and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Working Environment: This position is based in Yola- Adamawa state
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants based on merit, without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employs de IRC doivent adhrer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont lIntgrit, le Service, et la Responsabilit. En conformit avec ces valeurs, IRC opre et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bnficiaires contre lexploitation et les abus, la protection de lenfant, le harclement sur les lieux de travail, lintgrit financire, et les reprsailles.