We support peace and prosperity by building connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and countries worldwide.
We work directly with individuals to help them gain the skills, confidence and connections to transform their lives and shape a better world in partnership with the UK. We support them to build networks and explore creative ideas, to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Working with people in over 200 countries and territories, we are on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 202122 we reached 650 million people.
Customer Service Advisor
To provide enquiry and registration services for full range of British Council offers in a manner that he/ she achieves income and conversion targets.. To work closely with business teams and aim to resolve customer enquiries in first contact. The post will play a key role in providing an engaging and friendly customer experience at our physical centres and on social media platforms and Web chat. Operate within clear guidelines, defined procedures and quality standards and is subject to close supervision.
The post holder collects and records information regarding enquiries as per the prescribed procedures and guidelines. The role is responsible for driving income and does so by converting enquiries into registrations, upselling and cross selling..
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
Specific Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties
Customer Experience and Sales:
- Welcome all customers and visitors in a friendly and professional manner, Answer, all first level enquiries received in person, by mail, email, telephone, social media and web as per global Customer management & sales standards .
- The quality of customer interaction is proactive, customer friendly and compliant to British Council brand guidelines and Customer Service standards.
- Provide accurate information, promotional & registration material on all services offered by the British Council. Guide customers on the registration process and make all reasonable efforts to provide resolution at first contact and meet or exceed income / conversion targets .
- Build rapport with the prospect in order to find out the objectives, needs and requi.rements of the customer, and take their interest forward.
- Promote self-access solutions to customers and facilitate their journey across channels
- Contribute to customer service indicators like customer feedback and net promoter score customer effort assessment scores for the centre.
- All opportunities are recorded on CRM, databases and records, and information files are kept up-to-date in line with requirements outlined by Customer Services Manager.
- All feedback and customer comments are passed on to the Duty Manager, within one working day and recorded in writing.
- Using the appropriate systems, to register and obtain payments from all customers, while adhering to the procedures in place.Effectively resolve and record customer enquiry, reason for contact and contact details on CRM or appropriate system.
- Handle first level complaints promptly and escalate serious and sensitive complaints in a timely manner
- Acquire and maintain an excellent level of product knowledge at all times.
- As duty officer ensure that designated tasks for the relevant shifts are completed accurately.
- Specific projects and responsibilities given to each member of staff (eg: product leadership or information management) are carried out in line with objectives.
- Flexibility to rotate between work stations, ie Call centre, villa reception, meet and greet, and integrated customer service desk.
- Flexibility to work extra hours during registration period in order to achieve the service level agreements on access and quality.
- Make sure that information brochures/ leaflets are replenished and are always available and standard responses and online resources are updated.Supports all aspects of the operation on the ground and offsite as per business and operational requirements.
- Make reasonable adjustments to support team in business continuity situations.
- Recording income accurately and managing end of day reconciliation
- Responding to more complex enquiries such as refunds and transfer postponements class credits etc in line with process agreed with the business team
Sales and Product Promotion:
- Cross sell and upsell British Council services to deepen the customer engagement with the British Council using a soft sell approach.
- Handling consultations and turning enquiries into sales thereby achieve defined conversion and income targets.
- Make outbound calls to support customers dropping out at different stages of the customer journey
- Support re-registration drives and focus on maximising income by selling longer packages
- Be accountable for agreed individual income and conversion targets on a monthly basis
- Make outbound calls to support customers dropping out at different stages of the customer journey and track conversions.
- Capture all opportunities on CRM and send proactive communication to candidates to nurture leads as per process agreed with business
- Closely monitor and track conversion rates and achieve daily and monthly targets defined at centre level . Strive to improve conversion rate by keeping abreast of all changes to offering, observing classes , sharing insight with business teams regarding reasons for drop off and handling objections effectively
- Proactively follow up customers who do not register after enquiry / consultation and gather information which can be used for future marketing purposes and/or service improvements
Risk & Compliance
- Maintain and record data in a risk averse manner, capture customer consent on the required system
- Accurately and promptly mange day end reconciliation - Responsible for balancing physical cash, card payments, cheques & direct bank transfers with the final day end reports.
- Follow policies and procedures outlined by the Customer Service Manager.
- Familiarise on the Customer Service financial guide and ensure this is followed at all times.
- Assist duty manager to reconcile income and assist in the banking process when needed
Role specific knowledge and experience:
- Comprehensive, proven experienceas a customer service and sales executive
- Thorough understanding of marketing and negotiating techniques
- Fast learner and passion for customer service and sales
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Hands-on experience with CRM software is a plus
- Experience of multi-national or international work environment , education or hospitality industry
Role specific skills:
- Self-motivated and target focused
- Strong communication skills including both verbal and written
- The ability to influence and negotiate with others
- Commercial awareness
- Problem solving
- Competent IT skills
- Numerical skills
Pay Band 4/H
Contract Type Fixed Term Contract
Location Kolkata, India
Requirements -Candidates must have the pre-existing right to live and work in India.
Closing Date Wednesday, 8 November 2023.
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion(EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council iscommitted to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Councils Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ASK HR email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.