With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Build the Capacity of project staff and partners in WEE and Gender Equality Social Disability Inclusion (GESDI) in natural resources management, and ensure the WEE/GEDSI domains are understood and implemented. Support WEE and/or GESDI assessments during project design to ensure findings are taken into consideration forming key interventions responding to the identified gaps Participate in Policy reviews and identify gaps that affect women, youth, and other vulnerable groups from benefiting from natural resources. Together with project staff ensure beneficiary selection takes into consideration women youth and vulnerable groups. Work closely with GESI Advisor to design tools and other materials for the project to ensure WEE/GESDI is mainstreamed in the project and impact is captured and reported. Conduct project monitoring visits to project sites for quality assurance as women and youth participate in various interventions. Engage with M&E specialist to monitor outcomes/ impact related to women & youth progression towards achieving set objectives.
Support planning of Women, youth, and other targeted marginalized groups activities during annual, quarterly, and monthly planning meetings Conduct quarterly reviews with all project implementing sites to monitor progress towards achieving set objectives.
Follow closely field-level plans for Development Facilitators and support with key interventions.
Attend national level Technical working group meetings related to natural resources management and influence women and youth involvement.
Facilitate staff & partner training in Women Economic Empowerment for FMNR and other land restoration interventions within the value chains of focus. Support staff orientation and team-building initiatives of technical staff through coaching and mentoring for enhanced competency Integrate women empowerment initiatives into activity implementation and ensure gender inclusiveness and participation of youths in the project
Planning & Budgeting
- Support planning and budgeting of women and youth activities in the project Ensure expenditure of budget is in line with the plans and approved activities Support the development of both project reports (narrative and financial)
Monitoring & Evaluation
Conduct periodic Data Quality Assurance (DQA) to ensure capturing of data on women, youth, and other vulnerable groups as per project requirements. Work close with Policy Influencing & communication specialist to develop project materials including case studies, or share with donors and other stakeholders on outcomes of the women empowerment of the project. Support the M&E team and DFs to conduct baseline and evaluation processes of the project to measure the status, impact, and scale of women empowerment intervention
- Minimum of 7 years of experience and At least 3 years working in the area of Women Empowerment & Youth Sustainable livelihoods projects.
- Degree in development studies, Gender studies, or any other related field with a minimum of 7 years of experience.
- Experience in Project Management in a complex, international organization preferably in an NGO context will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in M&E and gender mainstreaming and associated indicators and outcome areas with funded projects from various donors.
- Knowledge and understanding of World Vision operations would be an added advantage,
- Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring, report writing, and publishing project materials.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, decision making, conflict management,
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
- Computer literate in statistical packages including Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts
The preferred candidate must:
- Be an honest and accountable person with resources
- Be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate and lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only