Program Manager (People Strategy)
|Term Duration:||4 years 0 months|
|Recruitment Type:||International Recruitment|
|Location:||Washington, DC,United States|
|Closing Date:||11/7/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC|
MIGA is seeking a Program Manager (People Strategy) to provide customized support to MIGA on overall People Strategy, including career coaching, regrading design, development of enriching opportunities such as exchange programs for its staff, and review and design of MIGAs Recognition and Total Rewards Program based on best practices.
The Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA or Agency) is a member of the World Bank Group, and our mission is to help end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. We do this through the provision of political risk insurance and credit enhancements to investors and lenders to protect against losses from the realization of non-commercial risks. For more information, please visit www.miga.org
DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Program Manager reports to MIGAs Executive Vice President (EVP), with dotted line to the World Bank People and Culture (PaC) Director, and provides advice to MIGA EVP, MIGA Management and staff, and takes a leading role on overall people/talent strategy for MIGA, including career management framework and implementation of the people management related agenda. Partnering closely with the PaC Centers of Expertise (COE) and the MIGA Senior HR Business Partner, s/he is expected to routinely lead complex projects (e.g., regrading) and integrate work related to career framework and development strategy, analysis and formulation. S/he will lead the design, review, improvement, and implementation of total rewards programs for MIGA. As part of the EVP front office, s/he will work closely and coordinate with the rest of the front office as appropriate.
S/he possesses broad-based knowledge and extensive experience in all major facets of HR management, current and emerging trends and practices, and in-depth knowledge and experience in functional areas of specialization relevant to this position.
More specifically, the Program Manager is expected to deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Lead the design and implementation of innovative and evidence-based talent and succession management philosophy, solutions, and resources to support MIGAs strategic priorities.
- Lead the design and ongoing implementation of an exchange program and/or development program between MIGA departments, MIGA and WB/IFC, and other MDBs/DFI, and between MIGA and key private sector clients in consultation with MIGA management and staff.
- Lead on programs to create a clearer and more granulated career path for staff and other initiatives to deepen career engagement in the agency.
- Develop and implement career development programs for staff, which may include coaching or coaching engagements from experts.
- Monitor and assess the effectiveness of career related programs through trend analysis of program outcomes, interviews with management and staff, etc.
- Understand different stakeholders needs and design tailored solutions for MIGA drawing on World Bank Group resources as appropriate
- Ensure that MIGAs competency framework is updated and reviewed on a regular basis to match the evolving work program and skills required by the Agency
- Collaborate with the WB COE for Career Development and Mobility on best practices and WB career development programs available to MIGA staff, and actively promote those programs to staff.
- Conduct focus groups and interviews with MIGA staff to gather input for program design and enhancements
- Build relationships and engage with key stakeholders to better understand MIGA needs; understand the linkages with PaC functional areas and collaborate with PaC colleagues, liaise with other International Finance Institutions, prepare and deliver high quality communication materials for a variety of audiences.
- Collaborate with the Sr. HR Business Partner/PaC as and when needed to further any of the above.
Total Rewards and Recognition
- Lead the design and conduct an annual review of MIGAs Total Recognition and Rewards Program and its objective to achieve the results.
- Based on best practices, make recommendation to MIGA Leadership Team on necessary updates to the Recognition and Rewards framework, incorporating discussions and decisions of MIGA Leadership Team.
- Support implementation of MIGAs Total Recognition and Rewards Program, its analysis and interpretation of awards information and suggest process improvements.
- Prepare targeted communications for MIGA Leadership team and dissemination of relevant information to staff.
- Collaborate with the WB Compensation and Rewards Center of Expertise (COE) on the best practices and implementation of the MIGAs Total Recognition and Rewards Program.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with other key stakeholders across the Bank Group, including, but not limited to, the World Banks Compensation, Benefits and Insurance Management, and Employment Policy. Also liaise with the World Bank Groups Staff Association and other international agencies and/or private sector organizations as appropriate.
- Keep abreast, learn and leverage best/market practices from the external private sector and/or international organizations in the areas of rewards and recognition, variable pay, short-term and long-term incentive schemes, and other related /relevant areas (e.g., pay for performance, fixed vs. variable pay, etc.)
- Collaborate with the Sr. HR Business Partner/PaC as and when needed to further any of the above.
Young Professional Program & On-Boarding
- Lead and represent MIGA in recruitment of Young Professionals, seeking input from MIGA management as warranted.
- Act as MIGAs Ambassador for new hires and facilitate their on-boarding into MIGAin coordination with MIGA management.
- Masters degree in HR or related field with at least 8 years of significant experience in HR
- Prior experience in talent management or career coaching is required. Candidates with prior experience working in international organizations or multi-national corporations are encouraged to apply.
- Proven expertise in leading talent management practices related to career development, talent and succession management.
- Demonstrated strong planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Strong change management experience and ability to build relationships, conduct focus groups and collaborate effectively across diverse groups
- Professional integrity, willingness, and flexibility to roll-up your sleeves to engage in all aspects of HR work from identification and design to implementation
- Excellent team skills, ability to collaborate and share knowledge with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Demonstrated excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to create trusting working relationships/partnerships within and across units
- Proven record in dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Working knowledge of talent and learning management technology solution suites (e.g., PeopleSoft, Cornerstone, Saba, Pilat, etc.).
HR GG level Competencies
Acquires advanced knowledge on broad HR matters and/or particular areas; formulates advice to senior managers and staff in HR and client organizations; identifies emerging themes and new perspectives in the HR field, and their relevance to WBG.
Uses own initiative and teamwork to acquire and maintains broad knowledge on complex issues that impact HR; understands complex interactions, connections and implications for clients and HR, and shares this understanding with others at all organizational levels.
Demonstrates a command of factors relevant to issues at hand; analysis of issues and advice to clients and HR staff reflects deep understanding, includes appropriate options & addresses consequences of potential actions.
Supports, promotes and models ethical behavior and integrity; contributes to development of HR standards for service delivery; acts in and promotes the interests of HR and WBG even under difficult or conflicted circumstances.
Assertively promotes dialogue on existing & potential conflicts among colleagues and clients; develops and implements confidentiality standards within own realm; encourages and recognizes employees for effective communication, openness & honesty; advocates effectively for own convictions within HR, client organizations and the broader WBG
Commitment to Mission and Values
Actively seeks to ensure that HR policies & practices reflect WBG values and mission, & deals directly and constructively with lapses of integrity from others; establishes and/or monitors standards & safeguards for protection of professional integrity and ethical behavior.
Develops networks internally and externally to WBG and uses these to achieve a broad understanding of HR issues and potential solutions; brings this understanding to client and HR challenges; documents agreed recommendations & actions & monitors implementation.
Actively engages with change initiatives and accepts change-leadership responsibility; identifies and addresses ambiguity
Develops and delivers internal strategies and programs for marketing HR and related initiatives; builds coalitions to promote HR and WBG objectives with clients; initiates negotiations and communications between cross-functional teams and/or client groups in order to achieve consensus on influencing objectives and strategy
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at theWorld BankandIFC, including our values and inspiring stories.