E T Consultant - GTT
|Term Duration:||1 year 0 months|
|Recruitment Type:||Local Recruitment|
|Location:||Washington, DC,United States|
|Preferred Language(s):||French, Spanish|
|Closing Date:||11/14/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC|
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) is a member of the World Bank Group, and our mission is to promote foreign direct investment into developing countries to help end extreme poverty and boost share prosperity. We do that through the provision of political risk insurance and credit enhancement to investors and lenders against losses caused by noncommercial risks. For more information, visitwww.miga.org.
MIGAs Operations Department (MIGOP) is seeking Extended Term Consultants (ETCs) with strong project finance, public sector finance, and/or political risk insurance underwriting and new business origination skills, preferably gained in the energy and general infrastructure sectors.
The ETC will focus mainly on leading transaction teams and guarantee processing related tasks and may also work on new business origination, client relationship management, and development support activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- As guarantee underwriting task team leader (TTL), coordinate, and lead the work of the cross-functional project teams that undertake the guarantee underwriting work within MIGA. Such underwriting work may involve the critical analysis of technical, commercial viability, legal, credit, non-commercial risk, and complex financial models associated with the investment projects being put forward for MIGA guarantee consideration.
- Closely coordinate with prospective guarantee holders and World Bank Group local counterparts regarding arrangements for in-country due diligence visits, Government meetings as may be considered necessary to support the guarantee underwriting work.
- Prepare high quality presentations and analytical reports, and guarantee proposal documents for the consideration of MIGAs Senior Management and Board of Executive Directors. Such presentations, reports, documents shall cover the scope and nature of the risks to be guaranteed by MIGA, and the terms and conditions of the associated contract(s) of guarantee, including recommendations on appropriate underwriting structures and risk mitigants.
- In close coordination with the relevant Sector Manager and MIGAs Legal Department, lead the negotiation of new contracts of guarantee with prospective guarantee holders and/or their advisors, other authorized representatives, in accordance with MIGAs underwriting policies and guarantee approval terms & conditions.
- In close coordination with MIGA Senior Underwriters and Sector Managers, support MIGAs new business origination, client management efforts aimed at generating a robust pipeline of business through highly productive client relationships.
- As required, create, and deliver new business origination-focused pitches, presentations to specialist industry, client groups and forums.
- Must have a Masters degree (e.g., in Finance, Economics, International Business, or related field) and at least 5 years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant experience includes limited non-recourse project finance work and/or analyzing and executing commercial or public sector investments, financial analysis with a focus on complex transactions in the emerging markets general infrastructure and energy sectors. Such experience ideally gained with a reputable and well known global financial institution (MDB or Private sector).
- Solid work experience related to negotiating complex financial, and guarantee contracts.
- Extensive knowledge of emerging markets finance and economic development and an understanding of issues related to investment insurance and foreign direct investment in emerging markets.
- Demonstrated high-level understanding of political, sovereign risk guarantee products, and their application in the project and export finance banking fields.
- Demonstrated technical underwriting skills, and proven track record in complex project risk underwriting and/or project and corporate finance.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds under time pressure.
- Ability to work independently and as a Task Team Lead.
- Fluency in spoken and written English required, and fluency in French and or Spanish desired.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at theWorld BankandIFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET appointment of three years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their third-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.