With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
As the Finance Systems Specialist for World Visions intercompany billing system, you will be responsible for managing and maintaining finance application/systems, ensuring they meet business needs. Collaborates with vendors and internal teams to resolve issues, configure systems, and provide technical support. Implements new tools, addresses errors, and maintains documentation and training materials.
Major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Production Support: Support system users and business/process owners, addressing problems, incidents, and troubleshooting. Diagnose escalated problems or escalate when necessary. Explore alternative methods for expedited problem resolution. Recommend procedures and controls, offering temporary solutions until permanent ones are implemented. Research, analyze, and recommend software or hardware changes to address issues. Review checklists and scripts for accuracy and effectiveness
Service Level Agreements: Assists in developing SLAs. Ensures that SLAs are met
Performance Monitoring: Ensures performance meets the present and future needs of the business. Forecasts utilization patterns and identifies modifications or upgrades. Recommends changes/ enhancements for improved systems availability, reliability and performance.
Testing: Designs, plans and leads testing efforts and coordinates feedback of test results. Develops cases test files. Conducts testing to ensure requirements are met.
Maintenance: Maintains the system and ensures optimal performance. Studies and reviews resources to establish requirements, methods and procedures for routine maintenance.
Security: Makes recommendations to improve security and participates in investigations as needed. Adheres to security requirements.
User training: Train users to success
Design/develop/configure: Analyses, proposes designs, and develops systems to meet business requirements. Coordinates design of subsystems and integration with larger systems. May coordinate development and improvement activities with other groups.
Technical requirements: Works with impacted areas to ensure proper communication / review of requirements and integration. Determines infrastructure systems specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
Business requirements: Works with business analysts and clients to understand business needs.
Continuous improvements: Recommends performance metrics. Analyses operational metrics to understand performance and to ensure success in process improvements. Reviews current applications and technologies, and ensures high performance of existing systems through continuous improvement. Continuously learns, studies and reviews new technologies, and assesses fit to the business need
Cross-training and support: Cross-train with other specialists and develop expertise in different systems and technologies. Offer temporary support to 1-2 other systems or applications as needed.
Business continuity: May participate in the implementation of contingency plans including reliable backup and restore procedures. Participate in the identification of vulnerabilities and their mitigation. Verifies that system backups run successfully.
Policies, procedures, and standards: Works with auditors, security groups, and data owners to make sure of governance, regulations, and compliance to policies and procedures. Defines procedures for user access to systems environment. Maintains system operating procedures and documentation
Documentation/user guides: Documents new or modified functions, modules, test activities/results and other areas such as error handling and backup/ recovery procedures. Ensures all documentation is delivered according to specified guidelines and on selected media. Proofreads documents for accuracy. Assist FD&C and the rest of GFS leadership in various assignments, tasks and projects as may be assigned. Attend and participate in meetings, conferences, workshops, etc. Attend and participate in chapel services, daily and group devotions Promote World Visions values through example and hold others accountable for the same across the team. Perform all other duties that may be assigned.
- Total of 3-4 years of relevant work experience. In which 2-3 years of experience is with settlement advice, intercompany charge, or intercompany billing systems.
- With experience on Microsoft Office, Microsoft Power Platform especially PowerBI, Power Apps, Power Automate or similar technologies.
- Proven success in a multicultural, geographically dispersed work environment with the ability to collaborate across functional managers.
- Strong customer service skills focused on delivering clear results and customer satisfaction.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities, emphasizing multiple perspectives and advocating for optimal solutions.
- Effective priority management and resource allocation skills.
- Bachelors degree in related field, specialized training or equivalent work experience.
- Able to work with several functional managers or stakeholders and is able to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization (verbally and in writing)
- Results-orientated work approach and ability to escalate effectively, if required
- Ability to work independently and willingness to take ownership/make decisions within area of responsibility
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge and experience is an advantage
- ITIL Certification or training is an advantage
- Finance background is an advantage
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only