With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Purpose of the position:
The learning & development Manager is responsible for improving the productivity of the organizations employees. This position assesses company-wide developmental need to drive training initiatives, identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees. This position actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance and recognize performance
Learning & Development
- Evaluate strategies and annual plans, performance appraisal results and individual development plans (IDPs) and liaise with division to identify need for learning and development that facilitate the effective execution of business plans.
- Provide support to WVZ in conducting specific needs analysis for L&D, designing learning solutions and sourcing service providers required to meet identified needs
- Advise on learning and development resources available locally across the region
- Prepare annual training calendar and budget
- Tracking IDPs
- Provide evaluation reports of locally coordinated learning interventions
- Monitor & maintain processes and measures for determining the impact of learning and development activities to support required reports and analytics as required to aid decision making.
- Liaise with the regional People & Culture team to track all global & regional compliance training
- Review WVZ strategic and annual plans, liaise with divisions to identify need for changes to the organizations structure.
- Manage staff onboarding (orientation) process
- Provide appraisal support to line managers and ensure SMART goal alignment
- Lead initiatives to create and enhance awareness and skills amongst managers to adequately drive performance / work plans
- Ensure appraisal compliance across WVZ
- Track & support performance improvement processes
- Creation & maintenance of organizations organogram
- Manage job evaluations in compliance with the region
- Review staff development and staff care processes and make recommendations for improvement
- Remedial action for all L&D initiatives
- Ensure compliance of all L&D procedures and processes
- Prepare reports for the partnership
- Effectively manage progress of direct reports, effectively linking performance, learning & development to achieve ideal performance
- Provide technical support to subordinates
- Perform any other tasks as required by the supervisor or organization
- Coordinate the WVZ employee wellness program for all employees through enhancement of all aspects of health, increasing awareness of positive health behaviors
- Encourage employees to voluntarily adopt heathier behaviors and to prove opportunities and a supportive environment to foster positive lifestyle changes
Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in relevant field
- Five years of experience designing and implementing employee development programs
- Certified professional in learning & performance (CPLP) credentials preferred
- Excellent communication, management, staff engagement & facilitating skills
- Strong technical skills with practical experience in conflict resolution
- Communications, interpersonal, analytical, conflict management, negotiation and networking skills are highly desired.
- Mastery in MS Suit with a bias inn Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only