With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
- Ensure WASH programming is in alignment with WVs WASH Core Project Model, Global WASH Business Plan, and global sector standards (SDGs, etc.).
- Coordinate the implementation of technical guidance, the WASH business plan, and conduct regular performance reviews of the targets set as part of the Global Business Plan and WASH sector scorecard.
- Coordinate the measurement of the impact of WASH interventions on Child Well-Being Objectives (CWBO) and targets.
- Engage and support Support Offices (SOs) in regional investment allocation decisions for WASH.
- Ensure support to Field Offices (FOs) for strategy, technical programs, and business plan development.
- Monitor WASH programs in the region by providing direction, input, and feedback to ensure effective and efficient program delivery.
- Engage with other members of the Strategy and Innovation team at the EASO to integrate the WASH sector with relevant sectors appropriate for child wellbeing..
Technical Oversight and Support:
- Provide close support to three Field Offices (FOs) implementing the WASH business plan (Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam).
- Provide technical oversight and support for major WASH initiatives in the region.
- Provide leadership in mainstreaming, integration, and scaling up evidence-based best practices in WASH.
- Provide technical support in the development, adaptation, and scaling up of project models and approaches that contribute to specific child well-being outcomes.
- Engage with the WV US WASH team and EASO team to develop appropriate WASH technical trainings in an integrated manner to build the skills and expertise of the FO teams.
- Engage with the Regional Office (RO) team to integrate WASH in advocacy, climate change, GEDSI, Faith and Development, HEA, and other technical programming work at the country level, in alignment with the Technical Programme design and donor demands at the country level.
- Support FOs with WASH project implementation (grant and sponsorship projects), quality assurance, review of expenditure reports, and provide advice accordingly.
- Monitor and support risk management and mitigation for WASH projects in collaboration with the Regional Risk Management Officer.
- Explore potential funding sources for WASH programming to support the Regional Office and Field Offices, and work with appropriate staff on these opportunities.
- Work with FOs and SOs to develop a sustainable pipeline of WASH grants.
- Work with the Regional Resource Development & Field Offices to maintain strong WASH donor relationships at the regional level, developing WASH engagement strategies for each donor or a group of donors.
- Provide technical support to the Regional Resource Development Unit and FOs during prepositioning meetings with bilateral, multilaterals, foundations, and Public Private Partners.
- Monitor the WASH donor competitive landscape; provide support and guidance to FOs in the development of WASH capacity statements aligned with FO strategy, Technical Programmes (TPs), grant projects, and WASH research projects to be utilized during prepositioning meetings with donors.
- Collaborate with the EASO Resource Development Unit (RDU), FOs, and SOs to support resource development for WASH programming.
Grant Acquisition and Management:
- Provide support in the development of multi-country WASH proposals.
- Provide technical assistance for WASH project design in the region and work collaboratively to ensure that Field Offices (FOs) have adequate public and private funding to scale up high-quality programming.
- Work with Support Offices (SO) and Field Office (FO) WASH teams, and other regional ministries and functions to ensure that large-scale grants and other specially funded initiatives are implemented in alignment with WV models, and that they achieve best practice standards of programming with financial accountability.
- Establish and strengthen linkages and networks with leading institutions, academia, governments, and other organizations to establish formal or informal partnerships.
- Support significant FO-level donor and technical partner engagements.
- Represent WV in global, regional, and FO WASH events, conferences, fora, seminars, and technical working groups.
- Effectively communicate program impacts, successes, and challenges with stakeholders, donors, and partners to increase the visibility of WASH within the region.
Evidence and learning:
- Coordinate the documentation, publication and dissemination of promising practices.
- Promote adoption and scale up of promising practices, project models and innovations.
- Facilitate cross learning between FOs, learning from Support Offices (SO), other regions and peer organizations.
- Engage research institutions and universities in mission critical /operational research to solve key problems/issues identified in communities.
- Conduct operations research studies and pilots and document them. Ensure dissemination of lessons learned to members of the Communities of Practice (CoP), regional and international forum.
- Organize annual forums for learning and innovation in co-ordination with WV US WASH team and EASO team.
- Collaboration and cross functional work:
- Participate in the global WASH community of practice and major WASH networks in the region.
- Establish and manage WASH community of practice (CoP) in EASO by and conduct periodical learning and sharing platforms.
- Collaborate with regional Disaster management/Humanitarian Emergency Affairs (HEA) to monitor situations and make recommendations for WASH in emergencies or related actions.
- Collaborate with key regional stakeholders on defined collaboration matrix and joint projects.
- Participate in Regional disaster management team (RDMT) and support the participation of FO WASH technical teams in the National disaster management teams (NDMTs). Collaborate with HEA for joint actions in early warning, emergency preparedness and response for the WASH sector.
- Support and provide guidance to the talent development and capacity building of FOs staff to implement the WASH capacity building framework and plans; and other global capacity building initiatives including the DRI/Drexel WASH capacity building programme.
- Regular review of all audit reports with a WASH component. Provide support to field office staff in the drafting of management responses and the implementation of WASH related audit (and investigation) recommendations.
- Work with regional office, field office and global center colleagues to identify and address systemic risk issues related to WASH.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be required.
- Contribution to EASO office activities (e.g., devotions, team meeting)
Applicant Types Accepted: