With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
The Resource Development Advisor will provide strategic leadership, direction and guidance on resource development, marketing and fundraising in World Visions East Asia Region, with a specific focus on mass market fundraising, in close coordination with the East Asia Resource Development Advisor for Corporate and Philanthropy, and the Global Marketing Team. It will support Field Offices and Transitioning Field Offices to diversify their donor base in order to deliver high-quality, sustainable funding.
This role leads the East Asia regions alignment with global best-practice initiatives to build industry best-in-class performance. He/she will continuously keep informed of changes to relevant legal and policy frameworks and explore workable solutions for East Asia Field Offices to generate and receive private funds in a restricted environment.
Primary responsibilities include building highly collaborative relationships with FO leadership, marketing and fundraising functions, understanding their fundraising needs and opportunities and guiding the development of plans accordingly, identifying capability gaps and providing support to build capabilities, facilitating connections and linking offices to appropriate technical expertise, and continually measuring FO capability against agreed performance indicators and marketing plans.
1. Coach and provide strategic support for FOs transitioning to alternative funding models (20%
- Fully understand the fundraising potential of each office and existing fundraising plans.
- Identify FO expertise, mentorship, and training needs in marketing and resource generation.
- Promote adoption of best practices, and emerging innovation opportunities.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with other stakeholders within the partnership linking FOs to appropriate global SMEs, training, tools, etc., to ensure all offices are able to build needed capabilities to meet marketing targets.
- Effectively represent global brand framework, as a regional brand ambassador.
- Develop strong, supportive relationships with East Asia FOs through collaborative working approach, mutual accountability, and ensuring engagements are value-adding.
2. Grow capability for marketing & fundraising, driving organisation change and shifting mindsets across the East Asia region (20%)
- Together with the Strategy team understand, contextualize, and create a change management plan for NRDs & TFOs in transition.
- Review FOs' capability to determine readiness for change, opportunities and challenges.
- Work with other functions to promote mindset shifts in support of strategic goals of NRDs and TFOs.
- Establish and embed healthy fundraising systems and processes that enable efficient and sustainable growth in private fundraising and yield to ministry targets.
3. Build organizational capacity within WVFT (Thailand) to deliver high-quality, sustainable funding through the development and implementation of marketing and fundraising strategy to drive growth (40%)
- Provide expertise, direction and support to ensure focus on key strategic priorities/goals, assure quality and grow capability.
- Improve tools, processes, systems and skills to nurture marketing success.
- Help the team identify and monitor key success indicators addressing result gaps.
- Facilitate strategic and annual planning, monitoring and learning, creating an environment that promotes accountability, collaboration and continuous learning and improvement.
- Provide recommendations and guidance to increase effectiveness and ROI.
- Identify early wins and deliver results in the short term.
- Support WVFT marketing and fundraising teams to prepare for and effectively work through leadership and staff transitions in FY24, including orienting new leadership, ensuring training and capacity needs are reviewed and met, and reviewing/revising targets in light of changes.
4. Lead diaspora fundraising at the regional level (15%)
- Connect with and keep up to date on diaspora initiatives across the organization gathering learnings to inform plans and future implementation in East Asia.
- Support FOs with their diaspora fundraising plans, including connections with potential partner SOs.
- Address capabilities gaps & investment needs to ensure successful implementation of pilots/tests.
- Report results to leadership in the region and to the partnership at large.
5. Explore new opportunities to generate and strengthen revenue, and innovate for the future (5%)
- Identify and explore new possibilities for revenue generation or opportunities to innovate.
- Assess and flag risks.
- Provide strategic recommendations for go/ no go.
Candidates can be home-based, ideally within the Asia Pacific region.
Applicant Types Accepted: