With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Project Design, planning, and Resource Mobilization
- Contribute to new projects proposals by providing relevant information to Sector lead and Program Officers
- Take lead in Zonal level Project assessment to inform new projects technical approaches, and emergency preparedness
- Ensure integration in the Food Security Resilience and Livelihoods sectors by taking into consideration all funding sources and approaches in the sector during project design, planning and resource mobilization
- Ensure all projects have appropriate project management documentation, in-use and updated as required (DIPs, Cash Flows, Procurement Plans, etc);
- Manage Project start-ups; Program close out and ensured Program deliverables achieved within time, cost and scope.
Project Management & Budget Management
- Lead the implementation of Food Security Resilience and Livelihoods projects in the Zone, ensuring that projects ultimate, intermediate and immediate outcomes are achieved.
- Coordinate and manage all Food Security Resilience and Livelihoods project implementation (activities, budget and Project documentation) in line with proposals, and donor requirements.
- Maintain strong relations with communities, government and other partners to ensure proper understanding and coordination of Food Security Resilience and Livelihoods Project activities.
- Maintain strong Food Security Resilience and Livelihoods data management system to ensure that Project reports are accurate and submitted in a timely manner
- Socilaise the use of standard Food Security Resilience and Livelihoods documents/tools to in the zone to ensure standardised approach to the operations.
- Work with finance to closely track work progress against payment and work plans and controlling the quality of final project outputs as per the donor and user community expectations
- Ensure optimal use of financial resources in the project through timely requisition of all necessary supplies/contracts for project implementation
- Ensure that monthly financial projections are prepared and submitted in a timely manner.
- Project implementation tools are understood and used by World Vision staff and implementing partners;
- Food Security and Livelihood projects are implemented in alignment with current financial and administrative policy and procedures;
Coordination, Monitoring Evaluation and Reporting
- Represent World Vision in sector level engagement opportunities with the donor, government, UN agencies, sub clusters and where needed provide updates on program implementation.
- Supported by the MEAL unit Implement systems for timely information gathering for early warning to enable early actions
- Ensure strong communication and coordination with all team members as a means to effectively achieve program objectives
- Coordinate donor visits and third-party monitoring visits for projects under your management
- Conduct routine visits to project sites for purposes of monitoring and operational support.
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the Program to all stakeholders
- Work closely with local structures to facilitate the implementation and sustainability of Food security and Livelihood interventions;
- Ensure evaluation results are shared with relevant partners and effectively used for project redesign new projects
- In collaboration with Resource Development Unit and Sector lead provide narrative and financial reports of the highest quality and standards
- Submit timely accurate and quality reports that meet donor requirements.
- Work closely with the Sector Leads in identifying and documenting best practices, lessons learnt and relevant human-interest stories for publication and dissemination
- Submit timely variance explanation upon receipt of monthly Project/sector financial report
- Work closely with the communications and advocacy team on providing Project content for all media publications and to develop and disseminate technical-advocacy pieces to donors and external stakeholders
Human Resource management and staff capacity building
- Staff appraisal and feedback mechanisms in place and updated;
- Capacity plans in place and resourced;
- Disciplinary measures undertaken when required;
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only