Requisition ID: req46363
Job Title: Lead Virtual Case Manager, Virtual Reception & Placement (VR&P)
Sector: Social Work
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: USD 26.00 - 31.75 Hourly
Location: New York, NY HQ USA
Work Arrangement: Fully Remote
Job Overview: In March 2022, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) in partnership with the Department of States Bureau for Populations, Refugees and Migration, launched the brand-new virtual case management program, the Virtual Afghan Placement and Assistance (VAPA) program. Building on the success of this award-winning and innovative program model, the International Rescue Committee is launching the first ever of its kind: the Virtual Reception & Placement (VR&P) program. This program will provide case management services to 3,000 individuals for the first 90 days after their arrival, implementing Reception & Placement (R&P) in a virtual setting.
The IRC seeks a Lead Virtual Case Manager, VR&P to provide day-to-day direct oversight and coaching to a team of 5 Virtual Case Managers. The Lead Virtual Case Manager will also hold their own caseload, including taking on cases requiring more expertise and experience. The Lead Virtual Case Manager reports to the Program Officer, VR&P and works closely with them to ensure VR&P program outcomes are met while maintaining high-quality virtual case management.
- Guide the implementation of the VR&P program and ensure all core services are completed in a timely manner including the provision of per capita direct assistance to each assured individual on their caseload.
- Assign cases to Virtual Case Managers and ensure timely provision of core services including provision of per capita direct assistance, and timely internal and external referrals are completed.
- Coach and lead a team of 2-3 Virtual Case Managers, and be available to answer questions, guide, and include the Program Officer as needed.
- Serve as an expert in the provision of Reception & Placement and research and understand best practices for virtual provision of these services.
- Identify and maintain relationships with local government and community-based organizations with the goal of connecting clients with necessary benefits and services.
- Ensure that case file documentation is maintained in compliance with contract requirements.
- Guide the timely implementation of program updates as needed to all Virtual Case Managers.
- Assist with the preparation for all monitoring visits including IRC, state, and federal agencies.
- Monitor program execution to ensure compliance with all funding requirements; communicate program needs to management team.
- Cultivate a respectful, supportive, and inclusive environment for team members and clients.
- Provide daily oversight of active caseload, maintaining close communication with resettlement staff regarding challenging cases.
- Carry out timely, professional interventions to ensure responsive, appropriate, and client-centered service delivery.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in social work or related field
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Proficiency in the language of the clients served through VR&P highly preferred (Arabic, Dari, Pashto).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Teams, use of case management databases, and email.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively, despite competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English; proficiency in a language spoken by client populations a plus.
Compensation: Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way Global Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.