Requisition ID: req46411
Job Title: Casework Assistant
Sector: Social Work
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: USD 18.50 - 20.00 Hourly
Location: Richmond, VA USA
Work Arrangement: In-person
Job Overview: The Casework Assistant supports the provision of direct services to refugees during their initial resettlement process.
- Assist the resettlement team in the provision of services for newly arriving refugees including apartment set-ups, airport pick-ups, intake interviews, home visits, grocery shopping, cultural orientation, school enrollment and the transportation of clients to appointments and activities that support the clients resettlement process.
- Support efforts to link clients with appropriate educational, health and social services.
- Assist with the timely completion of client records, documentation, and case files.
- Communicate client information to other staff members as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The skills and knowledge typically acquired through the equivalent of up to two years of combined job-related training and experience. Ideally, a significant portion of this experience will have been gained in social services, humanitarian relief, public service, or other not-for-profit environment.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; bilingual ability in one of the predominant languages of the local client base preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Detail oriented, reliable, with the proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Valid drivers license, access to reliable vehicle with current insurance, and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area (escorting clients and other activities related to client resettlement needs).
- A combination of standard office environment and field time in and around the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Compensation: Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way Global Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.